Friday, October 1, 2010

Bliss WIP (aka 144 Petals on the Wall)



 Remember all those things I was tracing? Yeah, well it was a petal and there were 144 of them. Yep, 144 times I had to trace that darn petal. 144 petals I had to cut out of fusible web. 144 petals I had to cut out the center of the fusible web so the quilt wouldn't be heavy. 144 fusible petals I had to iron onto fabric. 144 petals I had to cut out of fabric. 144 petals I had to fuse onto more fabric. 144 petals I had to APPLIQUE. Ever heard of chain piecing? Well I was chain appliqueing. Not sure if that is a real term or not, but I had an assembly line going. I have a lot more work ahead. I have to sew all these triangles with applique together into rows, sew the rows together, add two borders, and applique a center to the red flower. Oh, lets not forget basting, quilting, and binding. Sigh. The upside is that since I'm going to allow it to be displayed in my LSQ, they gave me 40% off all the fabric I need to make this. Sweet!

6 comments:

Tracey Jacobsen said...

Oh I ADORE this pattern!

Beautiful. It's definitely one of my favorites. :) :)

Anne at Film and Thread said...

Oh, wow! That is so pretty. What an honor to have it displayed so lots of people can enjoy it.

Tyler & Brenda said...

That is so beautiful. Is it a pattern you created? I love it.

brenda

AllieKatMom said...

Thats awesome! I am doing a similar quilt right now. Lots of work. Its exciting you get to show it off at the quilt store!

DianeY said...

I can see it's been a ton of work-but such beautiful results! I love it!

Jenn said...

wow, that is simply adorable!!!!! I love it

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...