Monday, October 3, 2011

Fall Inspired!

I'm super excited to give you a sneak peek of my contribution to the upcoming Fall Inspired Issue of Fat Quarterly!  I'm also doing double duty with this project and entering into Rachel's Celebrate Color contest for October!

You will find the tutorial to make these in the new FQ issue!

They asked for our take on the Bear Paw block and I thought the little paws would make the perfect coasters...and I couldn't resist making a rainbow!

So don't forget to buy your copy of Fat Quarterly later this week and check out the other great entries for the Celebrate Color contest!
Celebrate Color


I also made myself this zippered pouch for my upcoming trip to NYC. 
 I'm a little depressed that I won't be going to the Sewing Summit, so I used a precious Aunty Cookie scrap that I've been hoarding.

And how could I not use some Momo Wonderland scissors?

Let's not forget the Kei bunting! :)  

17 comments:

Anna said...

love the coasters, oh and the pouch is lovely

Jacey said...

The coasters are awesome! And your pouch is so adorable. I've never bought any Aunty Cookie, but I love their fabrics! I hope you have fun in NYC!

**nicke... said...

that little pouch is adorable! so cute! love the coasters too. so clever. i love the dick and jane text fabric paired with the bright colors. so pretty kelly!

Poppyprint said...

Seriously awesome projects!!! I love the coasters and your new pouch is adorable. I am looking forward to the fall edition of FQly very much.

Katy Cameron said...

Love those coasters, I was thinking that together they made a funky star pattern. Cute wee pouch too

Jan Maree said...

Love thos coasters and that pouch, very cute!

Jennifer Mathis of Ellison Lane said...

I just love those blocks! Your fabric choices are amazing.

Mrs Flying Blind... said...

What a lot of loveliness - I thought the coasters were wall art and huge - that would look great too!

Connie said...

Such a sweet pouch! You'll love using it. And thanks for the heads-up on the newest FQ -- I'll watch for it.

Splendorfalls said...

Awesome job on those coasters! LOVE!

Anonymous said...

NYC?! I know you're gonna stop by PurlSoho right? And your coasters and (especially) the pouch, are darling!

Amber said...

The coasters are so cute!

elizabeth said...

OH my, the coasters are darling! And the pouch is so cute : ) Wish I could go to NY with you.....

Rachel at Stitched in Color said...

These coasters caught my eye on Flickr. So, so pretty! Glad you entered them =)

Candice said...

So pretty- a whole rainbow bear clase quilt would be great- as long as the fabrics were the same as yours :) Love them!!

Sheila said...

These colours are fantastic! So rich and vibrant, and so perfect for autumn!

Debbie said...

Awesome use of color in your coasters - very fun!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...