Tuesday, September 11, 2012

So, In Case You Haven't Heard....


I'm teaching at Sewing Summit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Can you tell I'm excited?  Eeeeeek!  My friend, Michelle, had to drop out of teaching because she got a great new job, but can't get the time off!  boo!  hiss!  I was super bummed she won't be able to make it, but I'm thrilled that the powers-that-be at Sewing Summit asked me to fill in for her!  Want to know what I'll be teaching?  How to make these:

Feeling waspish!

Practice pouch

Front side of P{l}P

I'll be taking you through how to draw your own template and how to take a deep breath as you put permanent glue near your precious fabric! :)  ha!  I can't wait!  I hope to see many of you there and hopefully meet you in my class!

Registration for classes starts tomorrow and I know many of you are anxious about getting into certain classes that have very limited space (like mine).  Here are some points to remember:

  1. What will be will be.  No use stressing over things beyond your control.
  2. The organizers of SS have been working very hard to make this event as successful, fun, and fair as possible, lets not stress them out more by complaining
  3. All of the teachers will be there the whole weekend so if you don't get into their class--feel free to corner them and ask your questions! Well, maybe I should only speak for myself here. :)  I don't mind holding an impromptu class for anyone who wants to learn!
  4. Sewing Summit is about having fun with a group of people who share a love of sewing (and fabric!)  Try to keep a positive attitude.  The weekend will be a blast no matter what you take, pinky promise!
  5. If all else fails, have a cocktail! 

12 comments:

Jennifer said...

well put. though my fingers are still crossed i get a spot in your class!

Emily said...

Congrats Kelly! :) I'm sure your class will be great! I won't be at SS this year but those ladies who are are in for a treat learning from you!

www.randomthoughtsdoordi.com said...

Well said. Last year the best part was meeting everyone and forming friendships.

Katy Cameron said...

Yay, looking forward to meeting you there :o)

Terri said...

He he great post girl , love the end

Debbie said...

So awesome! What great little purses & looking forward to all the fun!

Anonymous said...

Yay! That is fantastic, Kelly!!! I sooooo wish that I was going. Lesson well learned that I need to be waiting at the computer to sign up for next year. ;)

Kara said...

Thank you, Kelly. I needed that after sign-ups this afternoon. Consider yourself cornered!

Shawn Stephenson Schumacher said...

I did not get in to your class... but know I will still be able to learn. What do i need to bring? So this is possible.

TheSewingLoft said...

I think we should do all of the above, including the cocktail!
Looking forward to some meet and make time in the class!
~Heather

**nicke... said...

oh yayay for you! i wish i was going to summit. i will miss meeting you! xo

Finding Fifth said...

That's a wonderful opportunity Kelly - you are a very fresh and talented sewist and I am sure your class will be glad for your tips.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...