Friday, February 10, 2017

Scrappy Project Planner {and 3 Scrappy Pouches}!


Who doesn't love a good scrappy project?  Lori Holt has created this beautiful new planner to keep your quilting-life organized AND includes 6 scrap-happy quilt patterns!  Fat Quarter Shop even made this awesome video to show you the entire planner!!!  Ummmm, did I mention it comes with accessories?!?!?

 I'm going to show you what I did with Lori's Shortcut Star Quilt pattern--and it wasn't make a quilt! :) 

Pouches!!!!

One of the things I love about Lori's designs is that they work so well with my own fabric preferences!  While I adore Lori's sweet style, I prefer something a bit bolder and brighter!  For my blocks, I chose some (now hard to find) Tula Pink from her Salt Water and Prince Charming lines.  Often I have small bits of precious fabric left over from a larger quilt and I just can't get rid of them!  This is where these scrappy quilt/project ideas come in so handy!  I got to use some of my favorite fabrics in an item that can be seen daily! 

You don't always have to make a quilt with quilt blocks!  Hot pads, coasters, mini quilts, and zippered pouches are all quick, satisfying projects that only require a block!  

These blocks finished at 10" and made the perfect project bag to carry my EPP hexagons, cross stitch, or needlepoint works in progress!

And did I mention the back of the pouches where I used a fun-tastic seagull/ocean/whale tail print????  When you add in those tiny tassels I found on Etsy: cuteness overload!!!!

Don't forget to check the other stops on the Scrappy Project Planner Sew-a-long!

February 3rd

February 10th

February 17th

February 24th

March 3

March 10



11 comments:

Matthew & Christy Johnson said...

I love these!! Bravo! I'm totally inspired!! 😄😄

Libby said...

I love these...........................too cute !!!!!!

I needed a birthday gift and you just picked it out for me, all I
have to do is sew it. Thank you, thank you thank you !

This is too much fun !

libbyblaha@yahoo.com

Marni @ Haberdashery Fun said...

Hello from the sew along! Love love your pouches and the colors are amazing!! Everything looks so fresh. - Marni

Amy DeCesare said...

Looking great! Lots of pretty stuff here.

Lisa said...

Your pouches are fantastic in Tula Pink with Lori's great pattern!

margaret said...

what a good way to use these very pretty blocks lovely

Sand Dollar Design Studio said...

Great idea to use the quilting blocks as a part of a pouch! Love your bold colours as well!

Beausoleil Quilts said...

Your pouches are beautiful. A Very worthy use of that gorgeous that precious fabric.

Stitched said...

These zipper pouches are so GORGEOUS!! I love your fabric choices and colourways. I'm trying to resist heading to Etsy to buy some tassles!!!

liza said...

NICE POST

top 10 essay writing sites said...

1122

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...