Friday, February 3, 2012

Total Freak Out

OMG!!!!!!
Yep, that was me this morning when I saw myself on Sew Mama Sew's facebook feed.  I totally flipped!  My hands were shaking and I just couldn't sit still!  I ran into our room where my husband was running on the treadmill and screamed, "I'm on Sew Mama Sew!!!!"  His response, "Ummmmmmm, yay?"  *sigh* Men!  I know this project is nothing new for blog readers, but I actually took the time to write a paper piecing tutorial for SewMamaSew (boy, was that quite a bit harder than I anticipated!)  Anywho, I'm completely thrilled to be on that particular blog since it was my main source for sewing information/tutorials/fabric when I first began sewing and I still love it!

Lots of pretties in the mail today!!!
In less exciting crafty news, I got lots of pretty fabric in the mail yesterday!

Made this months ago and never put binding on it
I found this quilt that I made months ago and forgot about.  It's completely done except for binding.  I stopped working on it because the back is horrible.  I did a too-fast basting job and there are puckers.  I was so mad at myself for rushing that step that after I quilted it I just threw it in a cabinet.  It's still not my favorite project, but my little guy seemed to like it ok so I may let him have it. :)

Everybody into the pool!
I washed all my AMH flannels in preparation for a quilt for my bed!  This will be the largest quilt I've ever made so I'm doing a really simple brick path pattern (a-la the Amy Butler tutorial, but bigger)

Big pile of chopped Wonderland ready to sew!
I'm also sewing up some Wonderland for a large lap size quilt for my shop!

Whew! I think I'll go take a nap now....or maybe I'll glance at Sew Mama Sew a few more times! :)

18 comments:

VickiT said...

Ok so I'm laughing at your husband and you freaking out. LOL Too funny. I get excited about things I've made and show my husband and he just has much the same comment. He really does love the things I've made and is proud but men sometimes just don't GET it I thinnk. LOL

I stopped over here to tell you how awesome your tutorial is. I am one of those who has tons of paper pieced projects I'd love to do BUT, that fear of messing up has stopped me from starting any one them. This is the problem with being a perfectionist I'm thinking; if I don't know it will be perfect when I am done, I just don't start and I HATE that in myself. Your tutorial is pretty good so MAYBE this time I can attempt one. I have baby stuff that goes in front of this but soon I might try yours. - Oh and after I can print things since I'm out of the oh SO epensive toner cartridges for my printer and at $80 each and needing two of them it makes me sick to think about it.

Marci Warren-Elmer said...

Congrats on your Sew Mama Sew debut! Husbands are all clueless.... All of them. :o)

Mrs Flying Blind... said...

Congraulations!!!
PS. Finish the quilt for the small guy - he doesn't care about puckers!

Emily said...

Congrats on being on SewMamaSew!! :) That's certainly a big deal! :)

Katy Cameron said...

Oh I totally had a little excited yay for you when I saw it earlier, congrats!

Darcy said...

Congrats! I saw you on their facebook post and thought GOOD FOR HER!! I would be thrilled and my husband would also be, ahem, under-whelmed ;-) And you know when you put that cutie green quilt in the wash those puckers will (mostly) disappear! Good work and happy weekend!

**nicke... said...

i totally am so happy for you! i hope this helps your etsy sales go through the roof!!! you deserve it, you are very talented kelly!

Poppyprint said...

I just love it how excited you are!!! I'll check out your tute - I'm sure it is fantastic. Enjoy your SMS weekend!!!

Debbie said...

hey congrats! Good going!!

Elaine said...

congrats!!! i was excited to see you there too!

Tracey Jacobsen said...

that's so great and exciting Kelly! :) You make such fun and beautiful projects!

Jodi Godfrey said...

WOOOOOO! I've been trying to train my husband to respond like that for a while now. Still a work in progress.
Congratulations!
Love that Loulouthi (is it flannel or velveteen) and so want to splash out on some.
Can't wait to see what your Little Folks quilt looks like. I have a stash waiting for me to be brave enough, and sure enough, to cut into. I LOVE it!

beth said...

Fantastic!!! That is so awesome!!

Ducks and Rabbits said...

A well-deserved 'milestone'! Congratulations!

stefanie said...

congrats!

i had several issues with my first few quilts. I found that most of them became alot less obvious after i washed them. i understand how you feel, though. i always expect things to be perfect, and i get really upset and uninspired if i think i messed up. doesn't look like your little cutie-pie cares about it.

creatifiny said...

Yay for you! I bet Ryan G. will have something supportive to say even if hubby doesn't quite get it ;P I have already seen the link on Pinterest so YAY again!

Arita said...

Hi Shelby, The alphabet is great.....on your ETSY shop is it both capital and small letter alphabets included?

Jacey said...

SO exciting!!! That is thrilling, K!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...