Monday, March 26, 2012

Festival of Scrappiness!

Rachel is holding a Festival of Scrappiness contest over on her blog so I'd thought I'd enter a few of my recent projects made with scraps!
First up is this mini I made with some HST scraps my friend, Jen sent me!  Good Folks makes the best rainbow!  I added a little border to bring the size up to 10.5"x14"

A little hand-quilting just to make it extra special!

And we can't forget the voile backing!

Next up is this toddler sized quilt I made with the scraps of my Herringbone quilt:

I added some Quilter's Linen in gray around the sides and top of the patchwork, but I kept the patchwork off-center.  Then I used organic wavy quilting lines to create a super hip quilt for a super cool little boy!

Feeling frustrated with another project so I made this mini to clear my head.
I've shared this one before, but this mini was made with the leftovers from my Wonderland quilt, plus a few scraps of Half Moon Modern.  Even the binding is left over from another project!

So there you have it! My entries into the Festival of Scrappiness!  I love working with scraps!  They always seem to end up being my favorite projects!

6 comments:

Rachel at Stitched in Color said...

Beautiful entries, Kelly!

Jenny said...

Love them all! Especially the HST- I'm totally into hand quilting these days.

Debbie said...

agreed - very cool projects!

Mrs Flying Blind... said...

Good luck honey!

**nicke... said...

i hope you win. i hope i win too!

Katy Cameron said...

Loving all your scrappiness, good luck!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...