Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Hot Town!

Summer in the City quilt
Hot town, summer in the city....ok, that's all I know of that song!  Unfortunately, I kept singing that line over and over again when I was making this!  That song always reminds me of that Sex In The City episode where she dates the comic book store guy and they eat fried chicken on the balcony of his parents' apartment.  Sidetracked, sorry!  I bought some Summer in the City scraps from a Flickr friend, never really knowing what I would do with them since I didn't own any more of the line!  They had already been cut into rectangles so I was a bit limited from the outset.

(I'm trying to remind myself to take real pictures and not just rely on Instagram, but it's so darn convenient!)  Anywho!  My quilt addicted friend, Sara, loved the colors in this line and left the design up to me--love that girl!

Go simple or go home, right? :)  I quickly sewed all the rectangles together, added a border in a Free Spirit solid (sorry, I don't recall which one), and bound in some Just Wing It.  Ta-da!

The quilt is small (around 34x27), but it's the perfect size for all those cutie pies Sara takes pictures of!  Can't wait to see my quilt in action!  Speaking of which, you all can check out some of the work I've done for Sara HERE.

8 comments:

Megan said...

Great colour combo and your FMQ looks so good (I'm just quietly envious)

Deborah said...

What an adorable quilt. And the quilts in action photos are too!

Mrs Flying Blind... said...

Nice one Kelly x

CJ said...

So pretty and definitely SUMMERY!
I have a stash of charms in that line. What to use them for...

Katy Cameron said...

Love all the bright colours in this, it looks fab with the pink

Katie B said...

Sweet!

Lisa C said...

What a fabulous idea (quilts as backdrops)!

**nicke... said...

i love sex and the city! love this little quilt too. !

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...