Friday, May 11, 2012

We've Moved!

Sisal rug for the entryway

Welcome to my new house.  The past week has been crazy!  We went from this:
Home!

To this:
He leads a charmed life!

Had a heart attack from this:
Crap!!!!!!

Needed a lot of help from this:
Oh yeah. It's been one of those days!

Things were looking up when the kitchen was unpacked:
Kitchen is unpacked! On to the living room!

Then I began the fun job of unpacking and organizing my sewing room!
First item up in my new sewing room? A beautiful housewarming gift from @a_2_w !
Got a couple more things up in my sewing room!
More progress!  I hope to be sewing some this weekend!
Folding my AMH voiles

Took a break to enjoy some of this:
Testing out the new grill on the back porch!

I still had a lot of folding to do!
Still in fabric folding purgatory!

All the moving stress was worth it when this arrived:
OMG! I am in love!!!!!!! New cutting table and fabric storage!

I can actually fit most of my fabric in it!  There are 9 cubbies on each side and a large table for me to cut on!
Update: Since I've had a few questions about the table, I need to add that I got it from Pottery Barn.

Hope you all are prepared for lots of pictures of my new favorite thing!

I put my new space to work by making these (for my etsy shop):
First project in my new room? A makeup pouch
Sneak peek of new quilt top!

Please don't be fooled, the floor is still covered in crap I haven't put up and our guest room is packed with boxes in need of opening, but all in all, it's starting to feel like home.


15 comments:

Unknown said...

Yey! You're new house looks incredible Kelly, and I'm seriously swooning over your sewing room. Beautiful light in there :o)

Jess @ Elven Garden Quilts said...

Oh so jealous of your cutting table! What a fantastic set up! More than a little jealous of the fabric yet to be folded, too :o)

Unknown said...

did you buy the table, or did you make it? that's EXACTLY what i need!

Donna said...

Sweet table! House looks nice.

Unknown said...

Your new home is beautiful. I must ask where did you get your sewing table? I have major table envy.

Debbie said...

yay! looks awesome.

Katie B said...

Beautiful home, Kelly! Have fun settling in. And if you wake up one morning and find me camped out in your sewing room, don't be surprised.

RWL said...

looking good! what a beautiful home - enjoy it :-)

Jacey said...

Wow, the sewing table! Jealous!!! It is awesome. And your house looks great so far! I'm glad you've had a smooth transition so far.

Happy Mother's Day, K!

Mrs Flying Blind... said...

Oh I was thinking about you moving this evening - glad you are safely in x

SeeLifeMarvels said...

Envious! I have coveted that Pottery Barn Project desk (also originally saw it at World Market in mahogany color YEARS ago) for the longest time.

Katy Cameron said...

Yay, looking good! House warming party at yours then? ;o)

Poppyprint said...

Congratulations!!! It is looking amazing and I am uber jealous of your fantastic storage/cutting table. It's perfect!

**nicke... said...

yay! finally home! love love love your cutting/storage table! i bet you are in love with it too! xoxo

felicity said...

Hooray for unpacking! And for that awesome cutting table - congrats!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...