Monday, June 20, 2011

Out of My Comfort Zone

Hexagon pillow
So I decided to make something with the experiment I created a while back.  I took this
PTS5 Experiment

and made it into a 12"x16" pillow.  I originally started this experiment because I thought I wanted to do a hexagon pillow for Pillow Talk Swap 5, but I changed my mind (see previous post for what I did make).  This has been up on my design wall begging me to make something with it so I cut it down, added some borders, quilted the dickens out of it, and made a pillow.  I'll admit, I was nervous about cutting it.  I loved it they way it was!
Hexagon pillow close up
Back of hexagon pillow
Between the solids, straight-line quilting, and black and white fabrics, this is WAY out of the norm for me.  I guess it is colorful, which I like.  I'm not sure what to do with it yet.  If my mom likes it, I'll give it to her (hi mom!  I know you read all my blog posts even though you don't understand some of it!  ha ha!), or I may list it on etsy, or I may swap it.  I don't know.  Sometimes it's fun to just create for sake of creating!

6 comments:

Jan Maree said...

I love your pillow and I love that you did it just because. I think that can be great therapy sometimes!

Katie B said...

This looks awesome! It would make a cool wall hanging.

KendasCrafts said...

I love, love, love it! I like it was just a giant hexagon, but the quilting is the icing on the cake. I love solid color quilts. Fantastic job!

Katy Cameron said...

Ooh, that was so pretty to begin with, no wonder you didn't want to cut into it! Love the conversion though

Tracey Jacobsen said...

it looks good Kelly!

I like how you cut it up and changed it...

Emily said...

I love it!! Great work!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...