Friday, January 21, 2011

Productivity

Apparently, I'm in a productive mood!  I managed to make these two items for my Make Mine Modern swap partner last night and today:


The pin cushion/notion holder/thread basket is from Oh Fransson's free tutorial.  Personally, if I were to make this again, I'd do the basket differently.  I'd interface the entire exterior and omit doing the ring that you fold over the top.  I'd find it much simpler to just stitch around the top and pull it through a gap in the lining.  Just my humble opinion.  Otherwise, it's a great little project.  The needle book was an experiment.  It came out ok, but I think I may tear out the top stitching and try to smooth out the circle a bit more.  I love that RSR fabric!  I hope my partner likes his/her projects so far.  I'm probably going to do one more (maybe two, I get carried away). 

I also finished cutting my It's a Hoot layer cake for my next quilt.  I will be copying Lucy and Norman's tutorial from a while ago.  I just love this line and the pattern she used was fab!

So Nonna won't be bored out of her mind reading about sewing, I'm including a picture of Stink Face doing his new trick--going down the stairs!

5 comments:

Elizabeth Dackson said...

Your layer cake stack looks so pretty! :) And I love that pincushion do-da, so if I'm your partner, I will be a very happy camper!

Bry said...

Oooo I so want your pincushion/thread basket! And you even made in AMH. Please send my way!!

AllieKatMom said...

Way to go girl! You are getting lots of stuff done! I feel inadequate. LOL

Beth said...

oh, keep going! I love it when some momentum hits you!

and pinch that little tushie for me, what a cutie!!

Angela said...

I wish I was half as productive as you have been lately! You're incredible! Oh and by the way, this weekend I used the lovely linen bag that you made for me on my retreat and found that it was the perfect size for holding a bible and a notebook and pen plus some... Yeah!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...