Wednesday, January 26, 2011

STUK Swap Progress

I've *almost* finished my Spicing Up The Kitchen swap package!  I have to sew the binding on this table runner and make another small gift and it will be headed to it's new home!
I'm pretty happy with the final result.  I sort of wish I would have appliqued the letters with black instead of pink, but I just couldn't bring myself to sew black thread on this sweet runner!  Also, I chose about 3 other fabrics for the binding, but I didn't have enough of any of them so I went with this Amy Butler print.  Again, not my top choice, but I think it looks sweet.  I hope my secret partner likes it!

6 comments:

Jan Maree said...

I think your table runner looks gorgeous but here is a suggestion for next time - instead of suing black which would have been very heavy on such a pretty runner, try brown - a dark chocolate or a milk chocolate - stands out like black, looks fairly neutral but is much softer. Just a thought. Happy stitching

Angela said...

I too will often use brown or a dark grey instead of black for outline stitching. It just depends.

I think that this is simply adorable and your partner will be thrilled to get it!

Bry said...

So great! I think your partner will adore this!

Katie B said...

Oh, wow! This is so sweet. I love it.

Unknown said...

its adorable!!!

Dianne Y said...

your runner is beautiful!! breathtaking!! can you do a tutorial for it??

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...