Monday, March 21, 2011

Neptune Wave Quilt Complete!

Fresh from the dryer and now listed in my etsy shop!






This was, hands down, the best job I've ever done free motion quilting.  I basted the heck out of this!  I usually try for every 6", but this time I did every 4".  My hubby even sat on the floor at 11pm with me to help me baste because I was so tired and had a long way to go!  Isn't he sweet?!?!?  Extra basting may stink, but I did not have a single pucker on the back.  *Squeal!*  As much as I hate to do it, I will be basting all my quilts like this from now on.

Stats:  1 Neptune Jelly Roll, lots of Kona Medium Gray, 3 yards of various Atlantis prints, 5/8 yard of S.S. Pink for binding

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love it and hope that I can be the one to buy it!!!!

Lynette said...

True quilter hubbies are awesome! You got a good one, Kelly - buys machines, helps pin. . . Great guy. :D

Lindsay Conner said...

So, so pretty! And I appreciate the basting tip.

Katie B said...

It's beautiful, Kelly! Such soothing colors.

Jan Maree said...

Great quilt and grat husband! Do you lend his basting skills out? On a more serious note, do you pin baste or tack?

Amy said...

gorgeous! I love the Kona grey with the colors. thank you for sharing,Amy

Wendy said...

Your quilt is gorgeous!

AllieKatMom said...

This is my all time fave quilt you have ever made!

KendasCrafts said...

Wow, that is gorgeous!

stefanie said...

This is really gorgeous Kelly! I'm very impressed with how you kept the strips so straight. I have the hardest time with that, although I've noticed they cooperate better when I press them first.

Deanna at Mirabelle Creations said...

This is beautiful -- my favorite of all your lovely quilts. My law degree is also happily collecting dust. Looking forward to meeting you in March!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...