Friday, June 24, 2011

Project Overload!

It's Friday night and I'm working on this
003

I had planned on finishing this
004
but I realized I didn't have a long enough zipper for the inside pocket so I'm stalled until tomorrow.  This is a bag my godmother commissioned and it's WAY past due.  I think I just got sick of this pattern (Sweet Harmony by Amy Butler).  I've done it so many times I don't need to look at the instructions anymore! 

I still have to finish these
012
This stack includes a quilt for our bed per my hubby's request of the Aviary 2 fabric (not exactly my taste, but if it'll make him happy!), a Bakeshop project, a trial run of my Bakeshop project, my Katie Jump Rope Kite quilt, the squares for my Warm/Cool QAL, and my blue/green HST quilt.  Whew!

I have broken my rule of only working on one project at a time and it's biting me in the butt!  I'm much less productive when I feel overwhelmed like this.  What's sad is that I have a to-do list with about 10 more things on it!  The list wouldn't scare me if I didn't have so many "in-progress" projects!  Time to go back to my one-thing-at-a-time sewing.  Back to my basting.....

11 comments:

Tracey Jacobsen said...

I can relate!!!
I just go with it... you know, work where the mood strikes... it sometimes works, and sometimes just feels overwhelming!

LOVE the summery stars. :)
I wanted to make a Sweet Harmony bag; I guess it's not too hard then huh?

Lucia said...

This is so unlike you! I am focusing my summer sewing efforts to tackle a good portion of my WIPs (in the back of my mind I had your sewing style in my head of not having any WIPs). I am sure that you will get these WIPs taken care of in no time. Good luck!

Carmen said...

Yowza, good luck, Kelly! Once in awhile, I get overwhelmed like that too, and I actually sit down to make a list...Luckily for me, I find that some of the projects actually are small enough to get done in a day, and it's so gratifying to cross it off the list. I guess quilts aren't the best for that...But don't worry! Most of the time, us sewists are the only ones who think we're operating on a deadline:)

Anonymous said...

geez woman! that's a whole lotta stuff. Can't wait to see what you make for the bake shop!


:-)

Beth said...

Wow, that is quite the pile! I think when you finish up one thing on your list, it gives you energy and inspires you to start on the next thing! Hopefulyl you get one item knocked off your list and will start to feel like you aren't drowning in WIPs so much!

FlourishingPalms said...

Well, just give up and join my club. I'll guarantee you that "Project Overload" doesn't get any better with age! I've been making quilts since 1976, and the want-to-make-list never gets shorter. You just cross off one when a "better one" comes along to attract your interest! Sorry to say it, but we'll never live long enough to do them all... though I do imagine heaven as one big fabric room with all the notions and tools I need to make quilts for everyone who's there with me!

Jeni Baker said...

Good luck girlfriend! I am feeling the same way! Do you have any small or almost finished projects? When I started tackling my list it felt really good to get even just a small thing done to get myself motivated to continue on! :)

So many pretty projects!

Angela said...

great minds and all...I just posted about finishing a project but how I really want to get back to having only 2 or so projects going. But then I listed at least 7 quilts I have started...and there at least 3 more that I've thought of. No, make that 4 more...just thought of another one.

We'll come out on top! And it will be nice and cushy because there will be a pile of quilts below us!

Meg said...

I think you need to come and join my Finish It Up! Challenge!

Anonymous said...

Love the quilt! The colors are just beautiful. Nice, nice job!

Jenniffier said...

Wonderful quilt. Your pile looks almost as large as mine. I too am feeling overwhelmed by all my projects but excited to work on them. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...