Thursday, November 1, 2012

Project Overload

I've been feeling a bit overwhelmed lately.  Lots of custom requests, lots of project for family members I've left undone for far too long, lots of projects I want to start but have no time for, lots of Christmas presents I want to make, lots of opportunities from Sewing Summit I need to follow up on, the list goes on.  When I get overwhelmed I tend to freeze and do nothing (or at least it feels that way).  I'm trying to get my act together, but in the mean time, here's a glimpse into my world lately!

This is my mom!  She'll probably kill me for posting this pic (yes, she reads my blog religiously, even if she doesn't understand half of all the fabric mumbo jumbo).  You can see I come by my silly faces naturally!

My new, and LOCAL!, friend Stephanie made this for me--for no other reason that she totally rocks!!!!  She used my alphabet pattern but shrunk it down to a virtually impossible 1.5"high! That is some kick ass paper piecing my friend! I totally cried when I opened it! Thank you again!

I made a shower curtain for Ann Kelle's blog! I don't know how she made my crappy pictures look that good, but she's pretty fab!  

My oldest kiddo turned 6! I had to make his cake because he wanted Green Lantern and that's not "in" right now.  I hate to bake so this was a labor of love! 

My youngest is growing naughtier by the day, but he's just so dang cute!

Went to the Franklin Pumpkin Festival and ran into these cool dudes!

Both boys got an A+ at their doctor and dental appointments! We like to pass the waiting time by making silly faces.

A Flickr friend, Jenny, asked me to make her some boxy bags--she even sent me the fabric!

I was super happy with how they came out! They both have laminated Lizzy House Pearl Bracelet on the inside!  They are also HUGE! That's a FQ bundle of Prince Charming on the inside!

It wasn't until I finished this one that I realized the radios matched up along the zipper.  TOTAL ACCIDENT! I'm simply not that talented to do it on purpose!  I really wanted to keep this one!

The rugrats had fun Trick or Treating and I had fun passing out candy!

Hopefully I'll get my act together soon and have more projects to share!


11 comments:

Emily said...

I know how you feel on the project overload! I've got so many things that are near the finish line- but not close enough to actually finish! I'm hoping to do a major push to finish stuff before thanksgiving... that'll free me up to do some spontaneous gift sewing! :)
Lists are our friends! :)

Elena said...

What up girl! You're not the only one who freezes up. I completely shut down and just stop. No worries! Looks like you've got it under control, though!

Tracey Jacobsen said...

Steiger would die over those costumes! so cool!
love your boys. love the pouches.
that paper piecing is kick ace.
your mom is cute.
and happy birthday to your boys! :) (Scarlet still hasn't had her birthday cake)

Mrs Flying Blind... said...

Oh it looks so much fun over at your place!

erin mcsweeney said...

You make the best bags, I love the boxy look..and since I made a quilt out of prince charming what great fabrics she sent you haha...http://modernauntiesquilts.blogspot.ca/2012/10/michaelas-birthday-quilt.html

Celtic Thistle said...

Know what you mean about freezing up! Just take it one project at a time and you will soon be on a roll. Love your boxy bags, must try out the laminated cotton.

Kristie said...

What a great post full of fun moments. Your kids are so cute (and so is your mom!), love the pouches, and that mini is adorbs, as Kaelin would say! ;)

Debbie said...

I know that overwhelmed feeling! Good luck pushing through it!

Anonymous said...

I totally get the overwhelming part. My quilt list gets longer each day despite making the ideas from my list.

BTW, you have the nicest smile!

**nicke... said...

your mom looks like a lot of fun! and how sweet that your new friend made you such an awesome surprise! i would have cried too. your skeleton spiderman is adorable and i want a huge piece of cake right now! i love your shower curtain and i would have cried a little if i were you when i saw it on her blog! you are amazing! i wish i could run into the storm troopers one day. love those boxy bags. awesome that you made that totally by accident match up! i think the pearl bracelet is my favorite blender fabric of all time.

how is that for a long ass comment!

jeifner said...

There is some sort of study, scientific certified something or other (how's this for accurate citation, ha!) that showed a high correlation between high intelligence and creativity and freezing up. People who are like this have so much going on in their brain that it kinda overloads and has to shut off or freeze to reset and be ok. So really it's a big compliment to yourself!
Congrats on the shower curtain and those pouches just the best.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...