Monday, April 1, 2013

The Case of the Trashy Novel

I have been seriously lax in the sewing department recently!  I've been buried in a pile of trashy romance novels and have barely peeked my head into my sewing room!  I did manage to FINALLY put together My Precious quilt top!

I really am in love with this quilt!  Truly, it has some of my most favorite fabrics--a few of which I have no more of!  I used the last precious scraps of a few gems in here!

I decided to sash it with Essex Yarn Dyed Linen in Flax.  It's so soft and is a nice, neutral contrast to all the rainbow-y goodness going on.

I'm pretty sure I know how I'm going to quilt this, but since it involves straight lines, I'm not too excited about starting the quilting process. :) ha!

I'm also trying to work up the nerve to use some really precious fabric for the backing--think yards of pink Heather Ross camper vans.  I'm not sure I have the nerve, but this top deserves something special.


I've also been working on a custom pixelated quilt for Miss Kelle Boyd (Ann Kelle fabric).  Love all her sweet fabrics!  

Here's hoping I'll put down my Kindle soon and finish up some of these WIPs!  Oh!  Stay tuned for Thursday, April 4th!  I have a nice FQ giveaway from Cloud 9 fabrics!

14 comments:

Jenny said...

ooh, pray tell...what have you been reading?
id love to see come pink campers on the back of your Precious! Im finishing the hand binding on my AH precious right now!

Deb@asimplelifequilts said...

So gorgeous! Those are some really great fabrics in those blocks.

Tennjenny said...

Do it with the HR. Can't wait to see. I'm in the middle of a pixelated heart myself, but you sew much faster than me, trashy novels notwithstanding, so who knows when mine will see the light of day.

Kati said...

Love that quilt top! So pretty!

Tracey Jacobsen said...

it's really beautiful Kelly!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful quilt and a gorgeous heart! So, tell us... what novel? Is it one with those "painted" covers that look like a fairytale prince (long dark flowing hair) is coming to sweep us away? ;-)

Dresden Lane said...

Wow- I really love the pixelated heart top. Kelle is going to love it!!!

Unknown said...

Pretty f-ing FAB!!! I can't wait to see it quilted!! Love the pix-elated heart too!

Beth said...

Both are really pretty. Nothing like some good trashy reading every now and then!!

elnorac said...

Your precious quilt is fantastic! Love that you used the Essex as sashing to make the other prints sing...

Katy Cameron said...

Love all that HR goodness!

DeborahGun said...

Two great quilts - I love them!

epban said...

Your quilt is wonderful, Kelly!
Will there be a Precious Quilt Along Part Deux? I've still got lots of precious to use! Not too mention my Lush quilt and 3 others to quilt!

Ellen

Lexilooo said...

it's gorgeous!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...