Monday, October 28, 2013

Best Bee Quilt Ever: Blogger's Quilt Festival

Every year Amy hosts this great event called the Blogger's Quilt Festival.  If you haven't heard of it, you REALLY need to check it out!  Soooooooooo many inspirational quilts and new bloggers to discover!  This year I'm entering two quilts, one is my "Best Bee Quilt Ever" in the Group/Bee Category (here's the other one):

Bee quilt complete
I pretty much think this is the best quilt ever made, but I may be bias!  :)  This quilt is the culmination of two bees, The VIBs and the Twice Around the Block groups.  The ladies were each give a piece of every print of Anna Maria Horner's Good Folks and asked to make a block constructed of half-square triangles.  The results blew me away!

Best.Bee.Quilt.Ever.
This is a little pre-quilting shot.

"K" monogram
I had it professionally custom quilted by Krista Withers and she totally killed it!  See that fabulous "K" she worked in there?  

front/back
I decided on another Anna Maria Horner print for the backing (from Field Study).

quilting

rainbow block

I adore this quilt and it certainly holds a special place in my heart (and on my couch!)  Hope you all enjoy the Festival and blog hopping!  Psssst!  Vote for me! :)





16 comments:

Katy Cameron said...

It's gorgeous!

audrey said...

Very sweet quilt! Love the pop of colors throughout and the stitching is gorgeous!

CitricSugar said...

Very cool to see what they all came up with!! Beautiful work and the quilting is perfect.

~Kelie~ said...

I am so mad at you right now! :-) I was thinking I might actually have a possible chance at getting my quilt at least nominated in the group/bee category, now you just went and had to enter this amazing quilt and blow my chances out of the water!!! I sooo love this quilt, I think I love it even more because I got to see it in person so I know just how fabulous it really is!!!!!

Charlotte said...

another beautiful quilt!

Beth said...

I LOVE this quilt of yours! It is so perfect in so many ways. So happy to see it again!

Poppyprint said...

Of course it's the best bee quilt evah! And you're totally right, Krista did kill it. She's awesome!

Tracey Jacobsen said...

it is so amazing!!!

Anonymous said...

I love the background fabric you chose- it really makes the AMH prints sing! Lovely work.

Candace said...

Very beautiful quilt. Love the colors. They really pop against the background. The quilting is amazing.

Aoife said...

Such an inspiring quilt! I love it, you're so lucky and clever to have it!

Unknown said...

Just so awesome. And love that I got to see it in person!

SarahZ said...

This is a GORGEOUS quilt!!! GORGEOUS quilting!!!

Kathy@KayakQuilting said...

Great colors! I love how unique each block is yet cohesive. Gorgeous!

Unknown said...

I love this quilt, just beautiful! I just love doing sampler quilts, so many techniques to try!

Connie said...

Love this quilt...so light and happy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...