Thursday, September 9, 2010

Brothers, Bees, and Best Friends

I gave the boys a bath together for the first time.  It went well and it save me time--double bonus!  Of course, Cian had to give me a few stink faces while taking pictures.....

Roarke helped me make dinner last night (turkey meatballs with spaghetti squash).  I'm always amazed how much better he eats when I let him help.  By better, I don't mean more, the kid eats plenty, but he eats more vegetables without hesitation.  I MAY have lied and told him the squash was pasta, but it looks like pasta and you cover it with sauce, so does it really make any difference?



I finished by bee blocks for Tracey.  She asked for a cartwheel block and a tree block of our own design.  She did want one ticker tape tree and since I hadn't tried that style yet, I volunteered.  These blocks are huge (22.5" square), but they really didn't take me any longer than a "normal."  I'm considering asking them to make big blocks for me too--so much less work for me later! :)


My best friend was in town over the holiday weekend and since her birthday is this month, I offered to make her a skirt.  I really love the fabric she chose (called Emmaline in Teal)

When I ordered the fabric for Stephanie's skirt, it came with a free fat quarter of the super yummy Birch organic fabric with cars on it.  Now, I've been trying to get my 3 year old to pick out some fabric he liked so I could make him a blanket and a quilt.  He never likes anything.  Of course, he would love the super expensive organic fabric!  I decided to make him a couch blanket because he has no patience.  He kept asking me where his blanket was, hence the simple design. :)  I backed this with chenille so it's super soft and snuggly on the back.


5 comments:

sarah asher said...

Looks like a good dinner...looks like you are still using your old oven mit. ;) Love the circle christmas block, but I am afraid of anything that isn't straight lines. Free motion is impossible for me, Dont know why it is so difficult for me.

sarah asher said...

and bathing kids together? Absolutely. My 3 take one together all the time....too much to do separate. Logan has been more interested in showers now...He does very well. he takes one while the girls are in the tub.

Jenny said...

love your ticker tape tree. that is really fabulous.
our kids have bathed together since day one...
Cian's got the most stink faces ever! hilarious!

sewtakeahike said...

ahhh, the best post ever Kelley! It contains my two favorites, food and fabric.
How sweet that your friend asked for a skirt. It turned out so flattering. a-lines are always a good choice.
and that's too funny about your son's snuggle blanket. It sounds like my husband! He has a knack for picking out the expensive stuff in my stash!

Staci said...

Just want you to know how much I enjoy your blog. I've selected you for a Sunshine Blogger Award.
Please go to this post to read about it.
http://theconfusedquilter.blogspot.com/2010/09/some-sunshine-and-bit-of-mess.html

PS. This is a funny thing, by word verification word is "truth"

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...