Friday, September 17, 2010

A Little Help, Please!

We're having Roarke's 4th B-day party on October 30th (Halloween party with costumes) and I need somegood creative ideas for activities.  I thought bobbing for apples, making candy apples with them, maybe a pumpkin race? I don't know. I need help!  I'd like a few things I can set up and they can do on their own.  I don't want to have to direct/supervise each activity.  I need ideas that can work indoors and outdoors (in case it rains).  Also, there is no way I will have a clown.  They creep me out!

These were my husband's ideas: 
1.  sharpen a bunch of sticks for sword fights
2.  dress someone up with a creepy mustache inside a van and see who will take candy from a stranger
3.  have a bunch of kids corner Barley (our dog) and try to take a lollipop tied to his tail
4.   instead of pin the tail on the donkey play stick the fork in the fake outlet

Yeah, he's hysterical. 

Just so I don't have a post without a picture, here is what happened to my breakfast (cheese toast) this morning:
I was so pre-occupied looking at Flickr that I didn't hear the timer go off.  These were my last two pieces of bread so now I have to go grocery shopping hungry since we have no food. :(  I love cheese toast too!  This was always a special breakfast when I was growing up.  I have no idea why because it's not like it's hard to make, but I didn't get it that often and I really love it.  I mean, what's not to love?  Cheese and bread! Yummy!  Can you tell I will never go on the Atkin's diet? :) 

8 comments:

Luv 2 Kreate said...

OMG I couldn't help but laugh at those suggestions! Too funny! I saw a tutorial for making mini caramel apples the other day. They were really cute and may be easier for "littles" to help make :)

Weatherbee ;) said...

Hilarious! Sounds like the kind of ideas my husband would have. ;) What about a bean bag toss? You could make it Halloween themed with pumpkin shaped bean bags and a fun target. Hmmm...what else...pinatas are always fun, but can be a lot of work, and mess. I think I saw the same post about mini caramel apples...they cut them up and drizzled caramel on top. That's a much cleaner way of doing it.

Good luck.

~Teresa :)

Jenny said...

http://angrychicken.typepad.com/angry_chicken/2009/10/that-silly-pumpkin-head.html

here is an easy craft that might be a good focal point for a art table the kids can do? maybe too much work? i dont know...good luck though, and have fun!

Wendy said...

You could do pin the mouth on the pumpkin.

Anonymous said...

Do a Mummy Wrap. Kids of all ages love it. We started when our son was 4 or 5 and he and his friends still want to Mummy Wrap now that they are teenagers.

In partners, one partner wraps the other with one roll of toilet paper. First one to the end of the roll is the winner. Or Best Mummy.

I buy the cheapest toilet paper I can find. Buy lots so both partners can have a turn as the mummy. Hint: Round 2 doesn't start until all the TP is picked up.

Lots of fun - enjoy!

Sarah Asher said...

First of all...no he not allowed to be 4. Second, the mummy wrap is a great idea. We do it every year at my family reunion and Charlee and Logan LOVED it. Easy to do and they even have fun cleaning it up. Pin the smile on the pumpkin is a good one too...

cilvee said...

You could pick up some little pumpkins and have them draw faces on them with those special paints/markers they sell around Halloween. Make it a contest with enough categories that everyone wins a prize; goofiest, scariest, cutest, etc.

amy and the bad cats said...

your husband's ideas made me laugh out loud! too funny.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...