Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Another Trip, Another Bag

My

Inside

I'm headed to Dallas on Friday for my best friend's bachelorette party so I decided to make a new bag.  With all the new regulations/fees on checked baggage, I need to make the most of my carry-ons!  This is a Simplicity pattern.  I think the pattern instructions could use some work so I made a few modifications.  I really love this big Garden Party print for the outside!  I didn't have enough of the Anna Maria Horner print for the undersides of the straps, so I used my lining fabric.  I wimped out and didn't put a zippered pocket in.  This had more to do with my reluctance to cut any more fabric than dealing with a zipper.  I have a super easy method to install large zippered pockets into almost any bag pattern.  Maybe I'll do a post on that.   I wish I would have made a second one to give my friend *doh*!  Coulda, shoulda, woulda!

7 comments:

jill said...

killin' me with all your cute projects :)

Jan Maree said...

great bag! enjoy your trip!!!

Wendy said...

Like your bag......have a good trip....

Lucia said...

That print is perfect for your bag. And I love that big ol' button!

If you aren't busy all weekend, let me know and we can meet up! (we are hosting a party at our house Saturday night, but other than that (and preparing for it), I think my schedule is basically free. Oh, and there's a relatively big quilt show this weekend too. Doubting that the party girls will want to go to that. ;)

Have fun and safe travels!

Jeni Baker said...

This turned out so cute! That fabric is perfect for a purse! And I love that giant button!

Have a great trip! :)

Gill said...

Yes please!
I'd like to read about your method of installing zippered pockets!
Fab bag!

Sarah said...

love this bag...so how much to make me one too ;) I have too many projects on my list to do make anything for myself.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...