Thursday, November 3, 2011

Pretty Little Pouch--Round 3!


Michelle and I run a little swap on Flickr called the Pretty Little Pouch Swap.  This round my partner had very definite style and color-scheme preferences and I tried to oblige with this!  I used some linen, some Ruby, and some not-yet-released Walk In The Woods (which Kelly S. scored for me at Quilt Market!).  In retrospect, I wish I would have appliqued little Red down too, but I was a bit nervous about appliquéing something so thin.  Also, I forgot to use stabilizer when making the tree, so there are puckers there.  Luckily I remembered before I did the leaves, fox, and path!

For the back I used left over squares of Walk In the Woods and appliqued some hearts and used a little hand-stitching.  Why do I my pouches for this swap have linen and hand-stitching?  I'm in such a rut!  At least I didn't make another rainbow!
For the inside, I used almost all my little Walk In The Woods squares to create a lining.  Fun, right?

This is the whole package that will be making it's way to my partner tomorrow!  Hope she likes it!


10 comments:

Mrs Flying Blind... said...

Love it Kelly x

Marci Girl said...

It is beyond cute!

Sara @ Sew Sweetness said...

OH my gosh, I love this, it's adorable!

Katy Cameron said...

Very cute, and extra special with brand new fabric too!

Katie B said...

Really sweet! I love those little hearts.

**nicke... said...

i love it so much. so cute. that path is adorable!

Jan Maree said...

Wow! that is just too cute!

Unknown said...

Very VERY cute! Love it!

Beth said...

It's very cute, and I dont notice any puckering?! I love that you did a patchwork lining, truly makes it special!

Celtic Thistle said...

Your partner will definitely love it, what's not to love??

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...