Monday, November 21, 2011

Winners And More!

I won't keep you all waiting!  Mr. RNG chose:

Winner of a free copy of my pattern is #35 Kelsey who said "Oooh the words I would quilt with that if I had the pattern....and knew how to paper piece ;) Details details :)"  


Kelsey, it looks like you're going to have to learn to paper piece!!!  ha ha!


Winner of the SEW mini is #1 Tracy (Tezzcan) who said "Yippee!!! I've been on the edge of my seat waiting for the pattern."


You can find my patter for sale in my SHOP.  Tracey was so excited for the pattern she stayed up until 2 am making THIS for her son!  I can't tell you how excited I am to see people making things with my pattern!  Colleen has already whipped up THIS festive mini for the holidays!  When I was making the patterns, I asked for a little help testing a few letters and Kaye (of the wonderful Miss Print), volunteered!  These were her samples:



I just love the fabrics she used on that "b"!!!  The "G" took me a while so I'm glad it worked!  ha ha!

In other news, Michelle, my co-mama for the Pretty Little Pouch swap, and I decided to have a mini quilt swap to celebrate the end of another successful round of our swap.  I decided to make an interlocking wonky star mini.

I chose lots of yummy fabric I thought Michelle would love.

The grey is Quilter's Linen (so it's cotton, but is printed to look like linen).  I hand-stitched around a few of the stars and machine stitched in the ditch around a few others.



The binding is Kei honeycomb dots.  The green elephant print is from my precious small scraps of Umbrella prints.

For the label I used a piece of Basic Grey notebook paper fabric!  Overall, I was so pleased with how it came out.....that is, until Michelle sent me this:

What the heck?!?!?  Way to make me feel like a loser, Michelle!  

It is absolutely the coolest thing I own!  We're moving next summer and I'm already planning on where to hang this spectacular piece of art!  It will be getting a place of honor in the main part of the house since it's too awesome to hideaway in my sewing room!

Look at the "label"!!!!!  Hands down, the best label I've ever seen!

Back view is wonderful too!

It's a tad on the large side (that's my two year old holding it), but I wouldn't change a thing! Thank you sooooooooooooooo much Michelle!  I'm never going to be able to top this one!

I also made these wallet/organizers last night.  I used the tutorial found here.

The tutorial was great!  The hardest part is topstiching at the end since there are so many layers in certain spots.
The inside is big enough for a little notebook, come credit cards, and a little something else!

Fun Sunday night sewing!



8 comments:

Debbie said...

oh, I think both of those little quilts are fantastic!! And I'm anxious to try my hand with your letters too!

**nicke... said...

those mini's are really really cute. i am sure she is just as happy with her's as you are with yours. super cute wallet/organizers too. i love those nuns!

Miranda said...

Both the minis are great!! I made one of those wallets too, made mine with a pocket on both sides instead of the notebook. It was a lot of layers to sew :) Love the fabrics you used!

Tezzcan said...

Eek, Thank you so much Kelly, I love the pattern and plan to do about 4 more pillows using it.

Poppyprint said...

Hey, you shouldn't feel like a loser at all!! Both those quilts are gorgeous!!! Love the nun organizer, teehee.

Katy Cameron said...

I love both those minis, very different, but both awesome!

Jennifer Mathis of Ellison Lane said...

Both of your quilts are fabulous- yours and Michelle's! and now that I know how to do a great zipper pouch (finally) I can join in the next round y'all do of the PPPS! Woo Hoo!

Jacey said...

Gah, I love both minis! Hard to pick a favorite, but it's safe to say that you both scored. ;) Your new mini-organizers are adorable!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...