Friday, February 10, 2012

It's a Quilting Wonderland

Wonderland Hourglass quilt top complete
I finished my Wonderland quilt top!  I really love this line.  I've made a quilt from this line before (about a year ago I think).  When I finished that quilt I thought I was done with this line and sold all I had left.  Then, a few months ago, I got a hankering for some Wonderland and found a Flickr friend who sweetly sold me her jelly roll.  It measures about 62"x70"

Wonderland Hourglass quilt
I used a second jelly roll of Kona Snow and a quarter square ruler to make these double hourglass blocks.  I don't even square them up after I get them all sewn because there are so many bias edges it's easy to stretch sides to fit! :)  This one will go in my etsy store when I'm done.  I just picked up the backing today so as soon as I decide on a quilting style I'm going to get started!

Mini quilt in progress
A friend of mine, Jen, swapped with me for some fabric I wanted to bind the Wonderland quilt and in her package she sent these mini half-square triangles.  I whipped up this little mini yesterday.  It'll make a cute doll quilt when I'm done!

9 comments:

Mrs Flying Blind... said...

Pretties x

Jan Maree said...

Mmm love the lines of the wonderland quilt - really effective. The doll quilt is going to be cute too!

Ducks and Rabbits said...

It's Wonderland heaven! Gorgeous!!!

felicity said...

I looove Wonderland!

Katy Cameron said...

Love the finished quilt, and those teeny HSTs!

Mermaid Sews said...

Love the quilt and your blog. Some days I wish I could let my law degree collect dust and stay home with my boy!

Tracey Jacobsen said...

looks beautiful. I love me a good double hourglass (and I think we make them the same way) Very cute quilt.

Kelly Dee said...

Love the fresh bright feel, super cute.

**nicke... said...

lovely! how you get so much stuff done i will never know. do you use drugs? maybe i should start?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...