Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Two Quick Things

My new bed quilt top complete!
I finished piecing a quilt top that will be for my own bed!  I'm hoping to get it basted tonight and, if I'm in the mood for a wrestling match, start quilting all 90"x102"of it!

House we're considering
Also, USAA just sent me a check to cover all the expenses we incurred due to their massive error!  All I did was report the problem to the manager in charge of the pre-approval department and voila, money!  It wasn't a small amount either so I'm really surprised we didn't have to get a lawyer involved.  I was all prepared to have the JAG department write a nasty letter, but I guess USAA realized they were getting off easy since it could have been a *lot* more money.  Hooray!  We now have a house (we closed February 2nd) and a resolution from USAA.  Miracles do happen!

13 comments:

stefanie said...

woohoo! love the quilt too!

Jackie's Stitches said...

So glad to hear USAA settled up!

Elaine said...

don't those flannels feel so luxurious? i am making AMH's log mansion (though I made it a bit bigger) and while it is all basted, I am delaying the quilting because it is about 85 x 85 and I am not up for the wrestling match... perhaps you can inspire me because right now doing hours of hand quilting is looking more appealing...

Poppyprint said...

OMG, I missed the Big BAD story and have just read it. Talk about stress! so glad to hear that USAA is going to reimburse you. Your new home looks amazing. Congratulations!

Mrs Flying Blind... said...

Brilliant news on the house xxx

JulieD said...

Yes - USAA made a mistake, but they sure corrected it quickly.... OK - they can't correct it but did what they could after the fact without hassle. Have you forgiven them?

Jacey said...

Awesome. I'm so glad it worked out, K! And the quilt-in-progress looks lovely!

Unknown said...

Congratulations on all fronts! Your quilt is beautiful, too.

**nicke... said...

oh that looks like a whole lot of good folks flannel there! you are going to be toasty warm under that ginormous quilt! you are going to quilt it yourself? what machine do you have? i think i would die trying to manhandle a quilt that big on my grace. may the force be with you! i believe in you K. xoxo

and how awesome that you have the JAG at your back! love the new house! are you already all moved in? and i have a sister that lives in tennessee! Chattanooga.

Katy Cameron said...

Love the quilt top, and yay for the USAA being so co-operative!

Ducks and Rabbits said...

Gorgeous quilt! And I'm so glad your housing issues are getting sorted!

Sew Lovins said...

love that quilt!

Terri said...

AWESOME! you closed on my birthday :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...