Saturday, June 30, 2012

Still Working, Sort Of

I'm still sewing...sort of.  I finished this quilt top for my husband's cousin who is expecting a girl later this summer.
Should I add another solid border? Is it done? I can't decide!

I based the colors in this quilt from the room color they chose--a dark purple/pink.  Hopefully they like it!  This was pretty easy to make, though the cutting took a while.  I cut random width strips of a bunch of prints and solids (from 1.25"-2.5") and left them all about 20-22" long.  I sewed 14-15 strips together then used my 12.5" ruler to cut out the block.  I then used the scraps from this process to cut 2" wide strips.  I sewed the scrap strips together to make the pieced border--this took very little time since so much of the work was already done!  I ended up with only a tiny amount of waste!

I have a REALLY exciting project in the works, but I can't talk about it!  I'm a tease, I know! :)

9 comments:

Tennjenny said...

It's beautiful!

Finding Fifth said...

It is looking great - I like that border especially.

Pieced Brain Quilt Designs said...

I love the way it turned out! Wheels turning in my head already!

Katy Cameron said...

Cool effect, and genius idea with the border

Mrs Flying Blind... said...

Love it, and so will they!!

Unknown said...

What a super quilt. I am sure they will love it!

Mermaid Sews said...

This is so great, love the design and colors.

Kim said...

That's really pretty - I like the colour combinations. I made a strip based quilt for our bed in December and it took forever to cut out the strips. It put me off doing another one! Have you decided how you are going to quilt it?

**nicke... said...

it looks really great!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...