Sunday, August 1, 2010

Another Box from Heaven (and other things crafty)

I received another super stupendous swap box for July's ALFALC from my Flickr twin, Amy.  So much fabric and goodies I could hardly stand it!  She knows me so well.  I loved EVERYTHING!  Hopefully she'll get her box Monday and love it half as much!

I finished my Christmas bee blocks early this month!  I was determined to conquer the pinwheel so I did a little blog studying over at KarrieLyne's blog.  Here are the results:


And in the interest of keeping it real (and to make other messy quilters feel a bit better), here is the current state of my sewing area:


It's driving me crazy and I think it's time for a major cleaning!  Also, I hate sewing in this dark cave!  I call it the murder cave because of the blood red walls (we didn't paint it).  It's technically our dining room, but how often do you really use a dining room? :)  ha ha!

I've also gone hexi-crazy!  After receiving the wonderful sewing machine cover made with hexies and my own hexi kit, I've decided to make my Modern Swap partner a hexi sewing machine cover too!  I hope she'll like it!

And for all the grandmas and Daddy who read this, here are some pictures of the kids:




4 comments:

KarrieLyne said...

Hee hee...are you addicted to pinwheels like me now? ;) The blocks are beautiful!!

Luv 2 Kreate said...

I sew in my dinning room too...
Love those hexies, I am going to have to try my hand at them sometime! LOVE the blocks you made for me too!

AllieKatMom said...

I will have to try Karries tutorial. She is awesome isnt she :)

Of course I love seeing your boys! They are so cute and look so happy!

sewtakeahike said...

wow Kelly! Your blocks are just beautiful and so perfect! I'm with you on the sewing room overhaul, I neeeeeeeed to do something about this mess in mine!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...