Thursday, August 19, 2010

New Wave Finished!

I love finishing!  I'm really happy with how this turned out.  I know it's not for everyone, but I love it!  This is for my cousin and his fiancee who will be married in November.  As I've said before, she told me the colors in their living room are lime green and orange, so I ran with it. The final measurements are 62" x 68"  I had about 4" shrinkage in each direction.

I free motion quilted this on my regular old sewing machine.  I just can't justify the cost of sending something out to be quilted!  I'm El Cheapo!

This is the backing fabric--from the Park Slope collection

The binding is Michael Miller's Ta-Dot in Apple.  I love all things polka dot so of course I love all the Ta-Dot colors!

As a side note, for all you fabric junkies, a Flickr friend is trying to destash and has started her own etsy shop.  Think Wonderland, Heather Ross, Michael Miller, Amy Butler, etc.  She adds new stuff as she has time to post it so check back frequently!  Her shop is called Emmaboo.  Cute, huh?

6 comments:

Anne at Film and Thread said...

Love it! The colors are wonderful and the fabrics you chose are fantastic. I also love your ribbons background on your blog!

Unknown said...

It's gorgeous!!

AllieKatMom said...

Love the quilt! It turned out nice. I want to make this quilt too and I know what I want to use for it but dont have the fabric yet.
Its good size too!

Tracey Jacobsen said...

I love it!

Great fabric choices... I love the gradations.

Luv 2 Kreate said...

I absolutely love the way this quilt turned out! That backing is my FAVORITE!!

Julie @ Jaybird Quilts said...

beautiful quilt!! i love the colors you picked!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...