Thursday, December 23, 2010

Merry Christmas to me!

I received an unexpected Christmas gift today from my wonderful husband.............a new sewing machine!!!!  A Baby Lock Symphony!
I did take him to the local Baby Lock dealer to browse, but I didn't expect to walk away with a new machine!  I have been looking at different brands this past month, mostly just compiling research and noting prices.  I thought maybe in another year or two I could talk him into a new machine.  See, I've only been sewing for a year, but my current machine (a Brother CS6000i) is getting tired.  It's currently at the doctor.  I really wanted something more suited for quilting, especially free motion work.  Amy and Tracey both have this machine and love it.  There's nothing better than getting a review from someone you know!  Apparently, the dealer near me has won some national award for the #1 dealer in the country for the past 4 years so I guess that was why she was able to give me such a deal--over 50% off MSRP.  Even hubby thought it was a good deal!  I have the best hubby in the world--even if I did have to promise to stop fabric purchases for a while!  I promised not to start sewing again until after Christmas so I will have to content myself with the manual. :) 

Merry Christmas everyone!  I hope Santa brings you all lots of fabric!

5 comments:

AllieKatMom said...

Whooo hoooo! So awesome! You are going to love it!

Tracey Jacobsen said...

so freaking exciting! We just need to have a sewing party!

(And yowsa at 50% off! That's exciting! I think mine was 40% off.)

cilvee said...

Wow, Merry Christmas to you! What a great surprise :)

Luv 2 Kreate said...

ENJOY your new "GIFT"
Merry Christmas

Wendy said...

Congrats on the new machine and may you have many years of sewing pleasure together.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...