Friday, December 31, 2010

I ♥ Rainbows quilt top complete!

Although I made this quilt with every intention of selling it (hopefully), I will be sad to see it leave.  I LOVE it.  I love rainbows.  I was a bit obsessive as a child about my crayons always being in color order.  It got to the point where my grandmother would keep a separate box of crayons at her house just for me because I would get so upset if my cousins used the crayons and didn't put them back in color order.  I would not even use a new box of crayons until I had taken all of them out and reordered them--even if it was the really big box of 120 crayons!  Sadly, I still do this today with my children's crayons, markers, and colored pencils.  I only do it when they have new box and I don't expect them to put them back in that order, I just love seeing ROYGBIV!
I pressed all my seams open on this quilt.  I know some quilters think this is a sin, but it makes the quilt lay so much nicer with none of those pesky ridges that can sometimes occur with pressing to the side.  Hopefully I will have the back pieced tonight!  Oh, and thanks to Tracey I now I have a black and white binding for this quilt!  Hooray for swapping because I'm on a fabric diet.......maybe.

UPDATE:  I completed the back of this quilt today too!  I'm on a roll!

4 comments:

cilvee said...

This is gorgeous! I don't know how you will be able to part with it!

Lisa said...

I agree open seams are the way to go! Looks amazing.

Angela said...

gorgeous of course!! and what do you mean "maybe" on your fabric diet? LOL. Come on...stay with us!

machen und tun said...

it is so lovely! great idea to put the henna into use.. can´t wait to see the quilt including the swapped binding :-)
claudia

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...