Monday, December 13, 2010

Pinch me.......plus I need some help

I must be dreaming because I got not one, but two FABULOUS swap packages today!  First was from my Modern Swappers partner, Jennifer (chickadee studio on Flickr).  She did such a great job picking out fabric and items I was ISO ("in search of") and she made the cutest fabric basket/pin cushion/organizer!  Wow!  I am one happy girl!

Then, I realize that my Pillow Talk Swap package has arrived today too!!!!  Excitement doesn't begin to cover this one.  First of all, for those of you who don't know (mom), PTS is where you are assigned a secret partner and make a pillow to suit their style.  There is tons of talent in this group, it was a little intimidating since I'm still so new to sewing.  I had seen this awesome creation posted and commented on it some, but I never really think that the super fab pillows are coming my way.  Or maybe it's just that I don't want to get my hopes up.  Anywho!  This was created by Barb (quiltingbarbie on Flickr) for ME!!!



That's not all folks!  Not only is this masterpiece mine, all mine!, but she included some wonderful goodies too!  Fabric, a FMF pin cushion, wonderful hexies, stellar hazelnut chocolate, and a fabric card!  I mean, come on!  How did I luck out this much in one day?!?!?!?  I did tell Barb she may have spoiled me for PTS forever because I'm not sure how much better it can get!  I can go on, but I don't want you all to get bored.

I'm also in need of a couple of block ideas.  I think I'm in a bit of a creative slump with all the Christmas gifts I've been working on.  I need TWO block ideas for a quilt I'm making as a Christmas gift.  The entire quilt is made with the Bliss fabric line from Moda.  It's for my husband's grandparents who are celebrating their 50+ years of marriage on December 25--yep, they got married on Christmas day.  The blocks need to finish at 14" (so 14.5" before sewing all together).  I have 10 blocks done between myself and my bee ladies.  I have hearts, flowers, a tree, a Dresden, lots of tiny squares, flying geese circle, birds, and a wedding ring blocks.  I need some new inspiration!  HELP ASAP!!!!!!!  If you have an idea or a link to a great site, bring it on!  I need to finish this SOON so please don't send me a block that requires tons of paper piecing or something that will have me cursing you out for suggesting it. :)  I don't mind if it takes time, I just want it to look great the first time, not after I've ripped it up and tried again and again.  Make sense?

2 comments:

Tracey Jacobsen said...

You did score! Happy packages!

As far as blocks --
A good quatrefoil could look good

http://modifytradition.blogspot.com/2010/03/quatrefoil.html

Or something like this:
http://quilterscache.com/G/GentlemansFancyBlock.html

I also really like this one:
http://quilterscache.com/C/ChurchWindowsBlock.html

Here's a bunch of 14" squares here:
http://quilterscache.com/BlocksbySizeD.html

AllieKatMom said...

I have no idea about the blocks. Maybe you can find some nice star blocks or a cute log cabin block to put in there...doesnt really matter as long as they are a variety. Cant wait to see it all done!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...