Sunday, January 2, 2011

New Projects and Old Projects



 Yes, I know.  Another tree.  In my defense, this one was by request.  A Flickr friend of mine wanted to do a private pillow swap.  She wanted a fall tree pillow and I wanted a hexagon pillow.  We have until the end of the month, but I was feeling scrappy today so I pulled out my Fall-colored scraps and got to work.  Nothing is stitched down yet in this picture, I was just testing out leaf placement.  The background is a linen blend--working with 100% linen can be tricky so I opted for the Essex instead.  The tree trunk is made from a fabric that has various names of trees on it.  Kind of like a fabric pun.  Ok, I may have ventured into nerd territory there.  Sorry!  I hope she likes it!

In other quilty news, I finished quilting my I ♥ Rainbows quilt.  It went pretty quick since it's only 41" square!  I'll bind it as soon as my fabric arrives.  No, Angela, I haven't fallen off the wagon yet, I'm getting it in a swap!


I made this Nicey Jane quilt about 6 months ago, but I have no one to gift it to!  I hate having homeless projects so I'd like to sell it for cost.  It's a small lap quilt or toddler bed size.   I cannot list it on esty due to the copyright on this pattern.  If anyone is interested let me know!  I'm also thinking of selling my Bliss quilt (the flower one) at cost.  I just don't need a ton of quilts and I feel guilty having them collecting dust.  I really need to start making full and queen sized quilts so I can get more use out of what I make! :)

5 comments:

AllieKatMom said...

Hope you can sell it. I want to sell my blush but havent tried to do so yet.

Sarah Asher said...

what size is the bliss quilt? THe girls have the bunk beds now and they need quilts...going to make some for them myself, but my sewing room is last priority. Still fine tuning the location of things in this house. :)

Tracey Jacobsen said...

so you can't even sell one? I thought they just couldn't be mass distributed???

-----------
Very pretty by the way!

I sent you another email about the dots...

Anonymous said...

Oh the tree is fabulous!!!!!!

tasha said...

wow!! cute stuff!!

thanks for entering my giveaway! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...