Saturday, January 8, 2011

Break out the stash!

In an effort to distract myself from buying new fabric, I've started cutting into some of my more hard-to-find stash.  I took a deep breath and opened my jelly roll.


 Whew!  I did it!  Now to unwrap and cut it!

I cut it!  Inadvertently, I'm using the same pattern as Fat Quarterly did for their quilt-a-long a couple months back.  It's a simple square in square pattern that leaves very little waste--always a plus!

So here are all 80 of my blocks made and pressed, seams open, ready to be arranged into a quilt.

8 comments:

Shanna of Fiber of All Sorts said...

it's lovely ~ totally worth breaking into.

Ducks and Rabbits said...

Well done! My heart rate went up just seeing your photos! I have yet to unroll my Wonderland honey bun...it will be so difficult.

This looks gorgeous already; I look forward to seeing it as you progress.

Tracey Jacobsen said...

it's gonna look gorgeous Kelly! :)

Cherie said...

You have the best stash of anyone I know! Can't wait to see the finished project.

Bry said...

Oh man, Wonderland would be a hard one to cut into!! Congrats!

AllieKatMom said...

Haha this post makes me laugh.

Wendz said...

Hidden in my stash is a Wonderland jelly roll and it was/is earmarked for this very quiltalong pattern, so I'm looking forward to seeing it all laid out. Looks great so far.

Anonymous said...

Too funny. It turned out great. So love this fabric!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...