Sunday, January 30, 2011

Family Indulgent Post

If you're only here for the sewing, feel free to skip this post because I might turn you green with envy.  :)  We had a family day today so we decided to go to the beach!  We live very close to some beautiful beaches (though I'm not really a beach person).  I really enjoy going when it's cooler out and there aren't any tourists.  We had a great time!
Cian and Daddy.  Cian is such a goofball!

Roarke making funny faces and Cian experimenting with the sand.

Cian loved to eat the sand!

Tasty!

Hmmmm.  Should I try some more?

Eh.  Why not?!?!?

Roarke and Daddy flew a kite

And had a race.

Cian loved the sand in his toes.

Roarke ran up to give me a hug.

Cian backed down a hill to get to the water.

Cian tracks

My boys. ♥

Oops!  A wave got them while I was trying to get a nice picture.  Don't worry, Mama stayed dry. ha ha!

Cian played in the sand some more. 

Daddy and Roarke took a walk.

Cian ate some more sand.

We tried to throw Roarke into the ocean....

but he kept coming back! :)

Best buds.


Happy Sunday everyone!

9 comments:

Tracey Jacobsen said...

what an awesome family day!! That sand is so nice... I might try to eat it too. ;)

Ali said...

What sweet boys you have! Looks like a fun day.

Holly said...

Great pics, what a lovely family you have Kelly! Super jealous that you have warm weather, we are almost up to our ears in snow in the northeast! lol

Sarah Asher said...

so jealous, it bought a tear to my eyes...so nice to see you all so happy...:)

Sarah Asher said...

meant to say tear to my EYE...this is why I can't write a blog..haha

Angela said...

what beautiful pictures Kelly! Looks like it was a lovely day!

AllieKatMom said...

So fun! Dont you love those days where you can go to the beach and there is no one there. Im with you, hate tourists hogging the beaches. I would rather go to the local pool.

Kelly said...

as much as i love california beaches, nothing compares to the emerald coast beaches! that sand is just amazing, and i miss it. :)

Jenny said...

such a cute family Kelly! so jealous of the warm weather you have. 18 inches of snow coming our way.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...