Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Child of the 80s Quilt

So I finished my 4th quilt for the month of January!  It came out of the dryer last night and I love it!  In the interest of full disclosure, I had some binding issues.  I never make bias binding and this quilt reminded me why.  I cut the wrong way, or have the fabric folded incorrectly, or sew the strips with the 45 degree angel the wrong way, or the stripes go in the opposite directions, etc.  It was a nightmare!  I needed about 1/2 yard of fabric for the binding, but I used my whole yard because I made so many mistakes!  I was so angry at myself!  I know there are tons of tutorials for cutting bias binding, but, seriously, my brain just has issues with this concept. 





You can find it in my etsy shop.

Also, I received my shoe order from Beth yesterday and I couldn't be happier!!!  Cian loves his new kicks!

If any of you are in the market for baby shoes up to size 24 months, bibs, baby blankets, etc, check out Beth's store!

4 comments:

Lindsay Conner said...

Looks awesome! I love how the white diamonds pop!

Katie B said...

So cute! Love the rainbow binding.

Angela said...

kelly the binding looks awesome on the bias!

Unknown said...

I just came across a page in my "make it someday" folder where I sketched and wrote about the quilt that you mentioned in your February 1, 2011, Child of the 80s Quilt. I am once again drawn to your quilt, so I would like to ask the name of the pattern. This is a good reminder that "it is never too late" !

Cheryl

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...