Sunday, February 13, 2011

A New Scarf!


(please don't judge me from these pictures! My hair is in a ponytail since I haven't showered and the only makeup I have on is mascara.  YIPES!)

During a recent failure on my fabric diet, I ordered some Anna Maria Horner velveteen and voile from fabric.com (on MAJOR sale!).  I decided to make the Figure 8 scarf that AMH has as a free tutorial on her website.  I didn't have the full 72" in length, only 36", so I just cut and paste--i.e. just sewed two 36" pieces together before proceeding with the instructions.  Also, I didn't make it as wide as the directions call for, I made it 13.5" instead of 18" because 18 just seemed HUGE......and if I didn't cut it 18", I can get two scarfs from 1 yard of voile and 1 yard of velveteen.  :)  I don't really have much need for a scarf here in Florida, but I like it all the same!  Now I just have to decide who to make the other one for!

7 comments:

Katie B said...

So cute! I made one, but I went with the 18 inches, and it is huge. I haven't worn it. Maybe I just need to trim it down a bit.

Unknown said...

It's really pretty. <3

Bry said...

So beautiful Kelly! I think it turned out fabulous! And if you still need another recipient for that second scarf I will totally take one for the team and accept it! ;)

Jan Maree said...

The scarf looks very pretty and why not just make up the second one and put it aside till the need for a pretty gift arises...
Happy stitching

Funky's Mama said...

You & the scarf both look super-cute!

Fiona @ Poppy Makes said...

I love your scarf! Think I might be needing to make one for myself!

Lynette said...

Wish I looked half that pretty with only mascara on! ;D

It's a gorgeous scarf, Kelly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...