Sunday, February 20, 2011

Weekend Finishes

I made a sewing machine cover for my friend, Cat.  She bribed me with flattery and said I could do whatever I wanted.  I was a bit nervous since her style is more traditional than mine, but, fingers crossed, she'll like it.  I tried for clean and modern with a bit of visual interest in the pebble quilting and hand quilting.  The light tan fabric is Essex linen cotton blend in Sand.


Next up are a sham and throw pillow that were a custom order from the lady who bought my Mendocino mermaid quilt:

Mermaid Pillows!
Custom mermaid throw pillow
Custom mermaid sham

I feel like I should be getting more done since I have a long to-do list, but I've had a persistent cough for 2 weeks that has made sleeping hard work.  I try, but usually I toss and turn and cough.  Boo!  My oldest had it for 2.5 weeks so I'm hoping there is a light at the end of this sick tunnel!  No, I have no been sewing when I should be sleeping.  For those of you who don't know, I love my sleep and am rarely in bed after 1030.  I get all my sewing done during the day (I'm a morning person).  However, being so tired is not very motivating!

6 comments:

Angela said...

they are beautiful Kelly! So fun that your customer requested some matching pillows! Yay you!

And trust me, you got PLENTY done! You've been sooo productive lately I think you are just surprised that you didn't whip out another quilt yet. lol

Unknown said...

This looks like a very productive weekend, Kelly! Everything you make is so pretty. Love the pebble quilting.

Tracey Jacobsen said...

get better friend!!!

Love the cover and the pillows...especially that flange.

I haven't been getting much done around here... but I have this week off, so I'm hoping to change that! :)

AllieKatMom said...

I know how you feel. I haven't been feeling too well either. Not a cold, thankfully, but it doesn't make me want to quilt.
Love what you did. Even sick you get more done than I do.

cilvee said...

Feel better :(
You've been so productive this year so far, I think you can let yourself have a little bit of a break without the guilt! :)

P.S. Love those pillow shams!

Bearpawquilter said...

Is there a pattern or written instructions for the flanged pillow sham? I need to make shams to match my son and DIL's wedding quilt I gave them at their wedding in July. I want mine to look very similar to yours. Thanks N

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...