Sunday, December 18, 2011

New Things (and Procrastination)

Pencil pouches
Pencil pouches
I'm supposed to be finishing a quilt that my sister in law asked me to make for her nanny, but instead I'm making these.  My oldest helped piece the solids version.  He wanted to give it to his Shelf Elf, but changed his mind and decided to keep it--ha ha!  You can find the tute here



I made these two pillows a while ago, but forgot to blog about them, oops!  These were a custom order from one my Facebook followers.  I really love how the "love" one came out!  The background is Moda crossweave in blue/white.  The "ward" one is Kaufman's quilter's linen.  Both appliques are white felt.  
This is another one I forgot to blog about!  Some friends of mine received some bad news--the kind of news where there are no words of comfort--so I decided to make a quilt for them.  This one took me only 2.5 days from start to finish since I was extremely focused on getting something to them quickly.  I was super happy with the results.  I love simple patterns, they have such a clean look!  This pattern can be found here.




11 comments:

Jan Maree said...

gorgeous quilt - pity it had to be given in sad circumstances but your thoughtfulness is bound to have given them some comfort. Alove the cushions but REALLY love the pencil cases - thanks for the tute!!!

Svetlana said...

Oh, my, those pencil cases are just adorable. HAVE. TO. MAKE. SOME!!!

Mrs Flying Blind... said...

Good on you for the quick quilt make - it looks lovely and will mean a lot to your friends x

Kaelin said...

oh my gosh those pouches are darling!

Gwen @ Gwenny Penny said...

Your pencil pouches turned out so great, Kelly! I love both versions. And I adore that pillow... fabulous :)

Unknown said...

Darling little cases. *love*

Katy Cameron said...

Fabulous creations, but sorry to hear about your friends

Katie B said...

Love those pencil pouches!

**nicke... said...

i hope your friends are doing ok. i think the holidays are the worst time for sad things. it is so kind and thoughtful of you to give them such a loving gift. i bet they were touched. and seriously, you started and finished in two days! my hat is off to you...
i assume there was a fair amount of caffeine consumed and possibly a little cocaine to finish it so quickly... ;) kidding kidding! xx

Tezzcan said...

Love the new pencil cases, And what a wonderful gift you made.

Ulla's Quilt World said...

Hi! Greetings from Finland! Your quilts are so fantastic! It's so nice to find other quilters all around the world! www.quiltworld2.blogspot.com
Yours, Ulla

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...