Friday, December 2, 2011

So I opened my mail and said...

So I opened my mail and said... by kelbysews
HOLY FREAKING SHIT! Sorry, but that's what I said! I randomly messaged Laurie (Wisbrun) to see if she had any more of the Christmas donkey/Wellington boots fabric I used here
Re-donk-u-lous!
so I could buy some. She kindly searched her stash to see if she had any scraps only to find none. She said she found some of the Spring Donkeys and asked if I wanted some....uh, YES! I offered to pay and she declined--I thought she was sending me scraps! She sent 1/2 yard cuts of the boots and the donkeys!!!!  Then, she adds a stack of Christmas boot hexagons and a FQ set of her new line. A-MAZ-ING! Thank you Laurie for being oh-so-generous and kind to a stranger! Off to plan my projects......

Oh, for those of you who love Laurie's fabrics, she's having a sale on some of her limited edition prints in her etsy shop!

15 comments:

stefanie said...

i would have said the exact same thing. wow!

beth said...

um, yeah!! that's awesome! i always wished i'd bought some of the donkeys and boots!!

**nicke... said...

i totally laughed out loud! if i had received that in the mail i would have said the EXACT same thing! :)

Katie B said...

Uhh...most awesome mail ever! I had a feeling she was a cool chick. Confirmed!

www.randomthoughtsdoordi.com said...

Holy Shit is right. You hit the motherlode. The kindness of this community never ceases to amaze me.

felicity said...

Wow! That is pretty freaking awesome. I'd've said the exact same thing!

Mrs Flying Blind... said...

I think you were very restrained!!
Laurie is just the best, and you got some of the new bunnies; I'm off to be jealous quietly somewhere!

Katy Cameron said...

OMG, LOVE the donkeys, I think I'd have shrieked something similar!

Jennifer Mathis of Ellison Lane said...

WOW! How awesome!! Off to check out her shop now.

Poppyprint said...

Oh how awesome!! Have fun with your freebie fabric!

Miranda said...

I would have said the same thing! Those donkey are freaking hilarious!

StuffandThings said...

Well what else would you say? That package is freaking awesome.

Jacey said...

Color me green with envy! That is awesome, and it just goes to show how amazing people can be. That was incredibly generous of Laurie; I love her designs!

Vesuviusmama said...

I'm pretty sure that's what I would have said, too! Awesome!

Splendorfalls said...

Awesome!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...