Friday, December 16, 2011

So amazingly lucky!

So amazingly lucky! by kelbysews

Our guild did a little scrap swap where we each brought in some scraps and our partners would make us something. We figured it was an easy way for everyone to get something they liked since it would be made from your own fabric. Kelly (SewKellySews) got my scraps and this is what she made!!!

Isn't it awesome?!?!?!?!? I gave her a bunch of scrap pieces of dot fabric plus one piece of Dick and Jane text. I got the chills when I saw it (and I may have teared up a bit). She was so very thoughtful and Flickr stalked me to come up with something I'd love. I absolutely adore it! Thanks Kelly!!!!!


 My partner, Ashely, gave me the scraps from her Fall couch quilt.  I opted for a pillow cover in a simple design with a little bit of interest in the quilting.  After seeing what everyone else in the guild made, however, I felt like a loser!  Luckily, Ashley didn't make it to this meeting so I have time to whip up a little something else with the scraps I have left! :)

8 comments:

Toni said...

Wow, you're pillow really is awesome! She did an excellent job. And I love the pillow you made, too! You are so not a loser!

Mrs Flying Blind... said...

Are you bonkers? Your pillow cover is great - it's all in the scraps, and you did good.

OK, so you got the completely awesome pillow, someone had to!

Tracey Jacobsen said...

heck yes that's amazing!

(and I think your pillow is nice too). :)

Katy Cameron said...

Oh wow, love all the teeny, tiny squares and triangles on your received one, but I really like the cover you made too, the quilting is great!

Diane said...

That is awesome... BOTH of them!

Debbie said...

agreed! I think both are terrific & what a concept - to get back your own scraps.

**nicke... said...

awesome! love!

Unknown said...

I think the pillow cover you made is fabulous! I am sure your partner will love it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...