Wednesday, April 18, 2012

I Have Talented Friends

Since I'm in the process of moving and don't have anything new for you, I thought I'd brag about my friend!  She lives down the road from me and she also quilts/sews.  Her name is Melanie--and isn't she talented?!?!?  No, she doesn't have a blog and she's barely on Flickr (quarksandwidgets), but she loves modern fabric and she does spectacular work.

She made this beautiful quilt using primarily Tula Pink's Prince Charming line.  I LOVE how she used the large scale print as a thin border!  You can't tell in this picture, but there are cute little frogs peeping out just along the top--and nowhere else!  Adorable!  She's selling this quilt in her etsy shop for CHEAP!  Dirt cheap people!  She also has a Swoon quilt in Prince Charming that she's practically giving away.  Just FYI!

The Joel Dewberry on the back is so unexpected to me, but it matches perfectly and is so cute with the little bits of Prince Charming at the bottom.  Ok, I'm done bragging now. :)  

8 comments:

Ronny said...

I love it! I've been wanting to do a lone star quilt, this is a great idea! I love the backing too.

Katy Cameron said...

Wow, that's amazing, and love the idea of the peeping frog eyes :o)

Mrs Flying Blind... said...

Sooooo cool x

Kelly said...

she did a great job!

**nicke... said...

$85.00 is a steal! love the quilt and she really did a great job. you should enter it in the festival of half square triangles for her! ;)

Jacey said...

Beautiful! I agree; the Modern Meadow plaid works perfectly. It's one of my favorite prints.

Kristie said...

Tell this girl to raise her prices! Adorable quilts!

Heather said...

this quilt is gorgeous!! I love it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...