Saturday, June 22, 2013

Lights, Camera, Action!

Earlier this month I flew out to Denver for Babylock to film a segment for QuiltMaker magazine!  They are doing a video series that coincides with the release of a new 100 Quilt Block magazine issue!  I was super excited (and honored!) to be included!  Lets just say that sewing at home and sewing under studio lights while the sound guy yells, "Ready? Big smiles! Go!" is a big change.  I felt like a huge dork and kept tripping over what to say. *face palm*  I wasn't nervous, there were just a lot of things I had to remember:  look here, keep your mic clear, don't move this, be sure the camera can see the fabric here, etc.   Not to mention I felt like my hair and make up were melting under those lights! Anywho!  I'll keep you guys posted on when my segment goes up--no laughing at me!

We finished shooting in time for McKenzie (my favorite Babylock gal!) and I to hit up Fancy Tiger Crafts in downtown Denver!

They had lots of awesome fabric!

I wanted to hug these shelves!

Even their sign was adorable!

Mmmm, Liberty!

I don't knit, but this wall was pretty too!

Epic AMH quilt top complete--extra long for extra tall hubby!
In quilting news, I whipped up with voile quilt top the other day.  I've been hoarding my collection of Anna Maria Horner voile for a while and I just decided to keep it easy and make a patchwork top.  I realized later that this is my THIRD 10" patchwork AMH quilt top! LOL!  I guess I have an addiction--Katie B. says it's an addiction to awesome so I'm sticking with that theory!

7 comments:

Jessica said...

That's so cool about the video! Congrats :) You wnt to hug the shelves... I want to eat them... lol! ;) Also, completely in love with your voile patchwork. I think I'm going to use mine as a backing but I might copy your layout! Thanks for the inspiration.

Mrs Flying Blind... said...

Film star!!!

Jayne said...

Congrats on the photo shoot! Very exciting! Thanks for sharing fabric shop pictures...drool!

Allison said...

Yay! So cool for you! I want to move in that store. ;)

ipatchandquilt said...

Wow, a video shoot! Congratulations on your succes!!!
Thanks for all of the fabric pics! Drool! ;-)
Esther
esthersipatchandquilt at yahoo dot com
Ipatchandquilt dot wordpress dot com

Rachel at Stitched in Color said...

Wow, what a neat opportunity to be a part of that! I can totally imagine how distracting it is to be recorded =). Your AMH patchwork is gorgeous. Wise choice!

Katie B said...

I stand by my theory. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...