Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Frustration

I'm still trying to find the right template for my blog and when I finally get one that I can stand, my pictures look weird!  I hate HTML codes!  I can read and understand a tax code, but I don't get this stuff!  I'm even using blogger's own template.  Frustration!  If anyone knows how to fix my pics, please speak up!  Otherwise you will be enduring endless changes until I can find a template I like.

Update:  Thanks to my fabulous (although few) blog readers, I have found a solution.  I haven't applied it to the whole blog yet, but the most recent post is fixed!

5 comments:

Natalia from Piece N Quilt said...

I feel your pain Kelly! :) Good luck, I like your blog the way it looks! :)

Anne at Film and Thread said...

I don't know if Blogger has the same problem, but in Wordpress, my photos looked really bad in the post. If you clicked on them, they looked fine. Apparently, the way they compress them to fit really degrades the quality.

The solution I just found was to upload them at no larger size than what the template allows to prevent any compression or to go into the html and remove the height and width and replace those numbers with a ? mark. Let me know if that doesn't make sense and I hope it will work for blogger, too.

Jennie said...

I have found it works much better to bring the pics in from Flickr. At the top of your picture on Flickr, click on "all sizes". Then choose the size you want (I usually pick "medium"), copy the HTML code and paste it into your post. It works much nicer than uploading to Blogger!
~Jennie

Luv 2 Kreate said...

I write my posts using Windows Live Writer...LOVE IT

amy and the bad cats said...

heh. i, too, can read and understand the tax code, but there's absolutely no way i could blog were it not for pre-formatted templates!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...