Tuesday, June 29, 2010

I'm not in a Title mood

I'm dying to show pictures of the project I completed today, but since it is a surprise for one of my blog readers, Christine, (well, she's a follower, who knows if she reads my dribble) I can't show you guys just yet.  I did post pictures on facebook since my flickr life and facebook life are separate.  :)  I can show the quilt I completed for my mom.  It's from Oh Fransson's Mod Sampler pattern, slightly modified.  I never want to see this pattern again.  Not that it isn't lovely, but I've made two of these, I'm done.  I think I'm one of those people who constantly has to change it up with my sewing projects.  I'm not a fan of repeating.  I'm most happy with how the quilting on this one turned out.  I feel much more confident free motion quilting and boy is it faster than straightline quilting!  This one took me half the time of the Nicey Jane one and it's double the size.  My mom picked out the fabrics here (Joel Dewberry) and she seemed pretty happy with the outcome. 

I also finished my mini quilt for STUD (swap till you drop).  The theme this month was favorite movie.  I chose Willy Wonka and my partner made me a candy themed ticker tape quilt (sorry, no pic now) and she chose The Sound of Music.  I think it came out ok, but I'm not 100% happy.  You can't tell from this picture, but the white background fabric has white music notes on it--get it?  "The hills are alive with the sound of music."  Well, I thought it was humorous. 

  I'm also in the middle of working on my first attempt at cathedral windows for my July block of the Stitchin' Bee. This is what I have so far, but I'm going to be changing out the fabric in the top left corner to some kind of green I think.  Also, I have to add some ric rac according to Lisa's rules.  I tried to get out of it, but no such luck!  After auditioning several possibilities, I finally decided where I'm going to put it.  Tune in next time and hopefully I'll have a completed block to share.
  In family news, my mom and uncle came to visit last week and it was so wonderful to have help with the kids and around the house.  My in laws are coming this weekend so I get more free babysitters.  Hooray!  Hmmmm, maybe I'll sneak off and watch Eclipse!  It's a bit sad to go to a movie by yourself, but honestly I'll enjoy 2 hours of no one shouting "MAMA!" 

3 comments:

AllieKatMom said...

I want to see Eclipse too, I love Twilight. Could we have anything else in common? I still think we are twins...lol...separated at birth!

Anonymous said...

Uh Hemmmm.....I do read. in fact i read this twice...couldn't comment the first time. I think I was in Vegas, on a plane or at a show...somethin' like that.

Tracey Jacobsen said...

I was out of town when this posted... looks great Kelly! :)

I need to tackle those cathedrals one day. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...