Friday, July 9, 2010

Projects and stuff

I'm working on a New Wave quilt (Oh Fransson) for my cousin who is getting married this fall.  His fiancee told me their living room is decorated with lime and orange accents so I liked this bundle of fabrics.  I can't decide whether I should leave them in color grouping like the picture, or to mix them up.  Thoughts?
I made this sewing machine cover for my Flickr friend, Christine for June's ALFALC swap.  It was a lot of fun--mostly because I just made it up as I went and I got to use some truly excellent Heather Ross fabrics that I knew she would love.  I really should try and venture out more on my own.  I always seem happier with the things I create versus following someone else's instructions (mainly because mine never looks as good as the original!)

Check out the awesome mini quilt Amy made for me, just because! She had been working on a larger version for our Modern Swap group and I was just nuts for it so she made me a mini version. I ♥ Amy! The back is so fantastic too! I need some way to display both sides at the same time. By the way, that AMH voile is soooooooo soft! Yummy!


Three year old quote for the day:  Roarke is sitting in his chair eating dinner while I'm getting my fork so I can sit too.  He asks, "Mama, I need some chocolate milk, please."  It's right over there I point to where I set his glass.  "Well, why don't you bring it to me."  This last bit is said in such an exasperated tone.  Like "Duh, Mom!"  I was pretty appalled at his tone and made him rephrase that statement to include some kind words, but I did think it was rather funny.

5 comments:

Anne at Film and Thread said...

Beautiful projects! For the New Wave quilt, I think mixing them up might look good because it seems like the individual fabrics kind of get lost esp. when there isn't much contrast.

AllieKatMom said...

LMAO...Our kids would get along great with their comments. I need to tell you what she said to me the other day! And I think you should leave the wave quilt like that, looks great!
p.s. <3 you too

Angela said...

oh I love your sewing machine cover! I really need to get some of that fabric...I'm so slow to catch on to these things sometimes! LOL.

Bessiemae said...

Show us a picture of them mixed up. ;-)

Kaelin said...

my gosh! everything pictured in this post is gorgeous! the new wave quilt is going to be fabulous, i love the heather ross cover, and the piecing on that mini quilt is so original!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...