Thursday, March 8, 2012

Serendipity

My Flickr friend, Karen, posted a picture of some key-chain supplies and I asked if she'd make me one.  She quickly agreed and I told her I'd make her something in return.  I knew I wanted to use Wonderland because Karen was first person I didn't know to buy one of my quilts on Etsy (it happened to be made with Wonderland)!  She holds a special place in my crafting heart!  I decided a mug rug to match her quilt would be perfect!
Karen sweetly agreed to make me a new key chain so I made her this mug rug!
This is truly of case of serendipity!   I had the tiniest scraps left from my Wonderland double hourglass quilt and they were the perfect amount!  The squares finish at 1.5" and the whole thing measures 7" square.  Even the binding and backing were leftovers from the Wonderland quilt!  I've been wanting to try the granny square craze, but I don't have time to start a whole new quilt right now.  This was fast and satisfied my craving!  Now if only this method would work for me with food!

11 comments:

www.randomthoughtsdoordi.com said...

so cute. Love those little scissors and butterflies.

**nicke... said...

oh i love those scissors and i love the fussy little butterflies. so cute kel! i bet she looooves it!

Debbie said...

Very sweet!!

Mrs Flying Blind... said...

Perfect!
I must just have to 'borrow' your 'granny square for mug rugs' idea x

Angela said...

It's gorgeous Kelly. This is one of the few I have seen done that makes me understand how you could make just one. Unfortunately all of mine look like they should belong with 20 other blocks. So I have my work cut out for me.

Unknown said...

So pretty! Love the fussy butterflies :-)

Karen P. said...

you just made my day!! are the sweetest girl on earth!!! I'm honored to be able to make you something in return for all the fabulous goodies I've received from you!

Anonymous said...

It's super cute Kelly!

Katy Cameron said...

Oh how cute, I love the fabric arrangement as well as the pattern

Susan said...

How fun!!! This is so lovely!

Jacey said...

It's so cute, and such a nice way to show appreciation for such a special customer!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...