Friday, March 30, 2012

Some Are Easy, Some Are Hard

Kona Charm Challenge quilt
This one was easy!  This is my quilt for the Kona Charm pack challenge for my guild.  It's a relatively simple design, but with big visual impact
Close up of Charm Challenge quilt
I've been toying with the idea of teaching some quilting/sewing classes once I move to Franklin and I'm thinking I may use this as a sample pattern
Back of Charm Challenge quilt
I used a print from one of my favorite designers, Kelly Boyd of Ann Kelle Designs!

Mermaid Plus pillow front
This was another easy one!  This pillow was listed in my etsy shop for a few minutes until Kaelin bought it!  It is SO gratifying when people I consider very talented in the quilting/sewing community actually BUY something I made!  Thanks Kaelin!

Custom quilt for @sarahandaddison  p.s. it's hard to get a picture on a windy day!!!
This one was not so easy.  This quilt was a custom order baby quilt for a friend of mine locally.  Lets just say if I had to do this again, I would paper piece it!

Squeal!!!!! Thank you so so so much Hadley!
And I got a little surprise in the mail this week from Hadley!!!  I gushed over a few other keychains she made and she, very sweetly, sent me one of my very own!  It's even teal!!!!!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE it! 

9 comments:

Debbie said...

love your plus quilt!

Deborah said...

Love your quilt! You are right about the visual impact! Super! And how lucky you are to have received one of Hadley's lovely key rings! they are super special!

Katy Cameron said...

Cool, not surprised your cushion was snapped up, and love the graduated colours of the + quilt. Enjoy your new keyrings!

Mrs Flying Blind... said...

Yay for lovely quilts, cushions and mail!! xxx

Beth said...

Love your quilt!

Kristie said...

So much to love in this post, but I am especially crushing on that quilt! Gorgeous!

Jennifer said...

great projects!! that pillow is gorgeous as is the solids quilt! as always.. beautiful work!

**nicke... said...

oh i love those keychains! so cute! love all the projects and i agree, if someone like you or kaelin bought something from me i would pass out! :)

Kelly said...

The rainbow challenge quilt is superb! I've pinned it to my "Quilty Goodness" board on Pinterest (with proper credit, of course!). Feel free to follow me if you'd like: http://pinterest.com/lipglass/quilty-goodness/

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...