Sunday, December 23, 2012

Handmade Christmas 2012 is Done!

I made 16 mug rugs for a Christmas cookie exchange party my super talented friend, Amber Housley, threw.  It was so much fun!  Lots of sweet ladies and lots of yummy cookies (and cocktails!) 


I made a few gifts for my youngest son's preschool teachers and my eldest son's Tae Kwon Do teacher.

Made a some voile/velveteen scarves for my cousin and another cousin's girlfriend.


I was in the home stretch sewing the binding on my last handmade item.

I knew my father in law would appreciate this label.  I really want to stamp this on everything I make!

Ta-da!  Handmade Christmas 2012 is O-V-E-R!!!!  This is for my father in law (who is a hunter).  Hopefully he'll love it even though it's modern--really, the deer need to save my design choices on this one.  

I managed to tidy up my sewing space too!  I'm not sure the last time it was this clean!


What? Don't you have a closet of shame?



8 comments:

Angela Bullard said...

Geez I wish mine was just a closet of shame. With me it's more like a whole room. I'm not into hunting at all but I love the quilt! I hope your father in law does as well.

Unknown said...

LOVE the label! I'm a knitter so I get it :)

Susan said...

Love the quilt! And I'm glad there were some cocktails with those cookies! Merry Christmas!

Jen said...

Everything looks awesome, Kelly! Maybe one year I can get as much done as you have. I need some of those labels pronto! :)

Allison said...

those labels are so funny! And of course, so very true :) Aren't closets supposed to look like that? I mean, that is why they have doors, right?

Katy Cameron said...

Lol, one of my SS buddies gave me a pack of those labels, plus a sweary one too ;o) I might have a whole room of shame right now, but I'll deal with it after the big day...

Emily said...

Haha Closet of shame! Your projects turned out so great! :) Nice work!

Lisa C said...

The labels are a hoot. I'm working on a quilt right now that needs one of those! How long did you make your infinity scarves? Just curious. Great job!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...