Thursday, December 6, 2012

More Baby Gifts!

IMG_0369

One of my friends from high school is having a baby and his wife's shower is this Sunday.  I think it's expected and understood at this point that I give handmade gifts--registry, smedgistry!  I used a hoarded Wee-Play charm pack and some Michael Miller Soft White solids to create this zig-zag quilt.

IMG_0370
I bought these adorable burp cloths and shoes from my friend, Beth.  Sometimes you just need a little handmade help! 

IMG_0371
I made this toy basket to match the burp cloths.  It was super simple and I loved how it came out!

IMG_0377
Gotta have the label on the back! :)

IMG_0382
I debated what sort of HST layout I wanted, but decided to go with a zig zag pattern since it's more traditional, like the couple I'm gifting this too.  I couldn't resist a little modern black & white striped binding though! I needed to put a tiny bit of my style on the project!

IMG_0365
All packed up and ready to gift!  I hope they like it!

14 comments:

Laura said...

That is such a lovely gift. I know it will be loved!

stefanie said...

uhhhh, what's NOT to like about that. the quilt is darling!!

Kristie said...

Very sweet, love the binding!

Unknown said...

So stinking cute!! Glad to see you went with the zigzag layout! The shoes are adorable!!!

FlourishingPalms said...

Adorable! That black striped binding is perfect on the quilt. The new parents can't help but love everything you're giving them. Well done!

Melissa Corry said...

The quilt is fantastic and the shoes, so adorable!!!

ultraorganized said...

What a lovely baby gift -- so many nice things for baby !}

Tennjenny said...

Perfect! Love the bright colors and B&W binding.

Tracey Jacobsen said...

best gift award indeed! :)
so cute Kelly!

Joyce said...

What a wonderful gift!

Jenny said...

a definite crowd pleaser gift Kelly. The echino cars are so terrific for a baby!

Unknown said...

This quilt is awesome, Kelly! What a great baby shower gift idea! :)

Melissa said...

Looks great! I love the final presentation of all the handmade stuff in a cute bag!

Boo McCready said...

Do you remember how big these HST were? They look a little larger than most I've seen. This quilt is adorable! I've been debating all night about what I want to do with a stack of 1/8 pieces. And this is it! Great idea to pair it with a little bag!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...