Thursday, May 27, 2010

Busy, Busy Bee

So I opened a BIG can of worms by posting some apparently hard to find fabric on my Flickr account.  Then I made matters even nuttier by letting the world know I got it 30% off.  A slew of email ensued and I ended up clearing out most of my LQS supply.   I would have gladly given out the store's phone number, but the owners were giving me the discount because I'm in there all the time and I hounded them that the line was old and should be on sale.  HA!  I figured it never hurts to put some good out in the world, so for that day, I took orders and only charged people exactly what it cost me to purchase and ship the beloved Neptune by Tula Pink.  I have a FEW extra goodies that I'm trying out on eBay, but really, I just want them to go to a loving fabric-o-holic.  This sewing community has been so kind to me and I've benefited greatly from all the wonderful blogs out there, in some small way I could give back to a few of them in their currency of choice, FABRIC!  My LQS does have more of this line on the bolt and one honeybun left, but I'll wait a bit before clearing that out.  There is no more of the dark blue you crazy Neptune fans, so don't ask! I'm doing a massive Neptune swap (I only did a few swaps with the Neptune, most were purchases) with Jenny.  She's getting 12 CareBears, 11 FQS and half a Layer Cake!  I can't wait to see her daughter's face!  She's promised to post pictures when she opens the box full of bears.

I'm almost there on my Nicey Jane quilt!  I've  basted it and will probably finish quilting it tonight.  I think I'm going to straight-line quilt this, but more free-form.  I did this recently with a table runner and I really liked the results.  I'm very pleased with the linen here--thanks Beth!  Go check out her adorable baby stuff!  She's having a sale today!!!!  Also, remember I had about 6 extra squares left from this Nicey Jane quilt and I wasn't sure what to do with them?  Funny enough, an acquaintance from high school messaged me on Facebook to ask me to make her a quilt for her baby girl due in July.  Nothing too big and her room colors were pink and green. HELLO!  It was meant to be!  I love that this will require very little work on my part since the squares are already done.  I'm going to back it with white chenille and poof!  Instant baby quilt!  On a personal sewing note, I'm really going to try to do more of my own work.  That well-loved mini quilt was a big eye opener!  I've done a few other things on my own (a bee block, a table runner, a pillow, etc) and they seem to get the most praise.  I guess being so new, I'm nervous.  I don't want to mess up.  I don't want to ruin my beautiful fabric! :)  However, I'm certainly going to be making more of my own designs in the future!  I can always buy more fabric, right?




In kiddo news, for all the grandma's out there, my oldest is sick with a sore throat and cough, but he still finds energy enough to amuse himself with a cardboard box!  I pushed him all over the house in this thing.  What is it with kids and cardboard boxes?  It's like the universal toy.


5 comments:

AllieKatMom said...

Stopping in to say "HI" happy to have you swapping with us :)

Julie @ Jaybird Quilts said...

my neptune arrived today!!! thanks again so so much! you rock my socks off!

Aunt Spicy said...

completely smitten with the nicey jane quilt...I may have to copy you!

Kelly said...

copy away! The pattern is on OhFransson website. I love that Nicey Jane line. I just haven't gotten tired of yet!

Jenny said...

there are all our carebears!! so cute you took a pic of our swap!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...