Friday, April 15, 2011

A Few New Projects

Three new projects to show and a special annoucement!  In case you've been living under a rock, Denyse Schmidt released a new line of fabric.....at JoAnn's!!!!  The quality is WAY better than normal JoAnn's stuff.  Better yet, it's cute!  I whipped up an Amy Butler Cosmo bag with some

DS fabric + AB pattern = JOY!
Inside of Cosmo bag

Next up is a baby girl quilt that I will list in my shop when I finish.  Two of my quilting guild friends and I decided to all do the same pattern in different fabrics just for fun.  This is my version in Tula Pink's Husyabye

Hushabye baby quilt

I love how it looks from the back!

I'm also particpating in a secret pouch swap.  I've gotten a little bit of a start on my zippy pouch.  A little Heather Ross, a little linen, and I will be adding some handstitching.

Pretty {little} Pouch partner?

Now, for my annoucement!  My Moda Bakeshop project will be up tomorrow!!!!!  I'm so excited!  It's nothing fancy, but it's mine and I love it! :)  Be sure to check it out!

7 comments:

Leslie said...

there is that fabulous DS fabric again. i cant wait to get my hands on some. love the bag

~Michelle~ said...

Aren't you just not participating in a secret pouch swap, but also helping run it? Toot your horn, chick! I need to get busy on my pouch, I think a bunch of tiny patchwork squares are in order for my partner. :)

Jan Maree said...

you have done well. Loving the bag and the baby girl quilt. Congrats on your Moda Bakeshop quilt too - well done. Also loving the beginnings of your pouch. Lucky swap partner. Happy stitching!

Katie B said...

Love that you're not hesitating to cut into that DS fabric!

I'm excited for your MBS project! I'll be looking for that tomorrow.

Anonymous said...

I like how you just "whipped up" that bag. It's VERY cute! I might have to make me somethin' like that!!

Ps. You're still my fav. Xo

marilyn said...

Found your blog after seeing your project on Moda. Love your quilts and bags. I also make bags but I have yet to try a quilt.I like your tutes also. going to be a follower...

Lynette said...

Look at you, over there in Moda Bake Shop!! You did a fantastic job with the tutorial - anybody new to sewing could understand it just fine. I also think it would make a terrific gift for favorite teachers. I always wracked my brain at Christmastime for unique ideas for teachers.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...