Thursday, April 7, 2011

Whew! I Made It!

Ezra Stegosaurus (the story behind this name is in a previous post) is due any day now so I had to get my butt in gear and finish up his quilt!  I really love how this one came out.  It may be my go-to idea for a quick baby quilt.  Since it finished at a weird size--I really wish I would have thought that one through!--I had to piece the back.  I used my left over nine-patch and some All Star 2 dots.  I also appliqued a star on to the left over nine patch and used it as my label.
Ezra's quilt complete
close up of quilting
Back of Ezra's quilt
Appliqued label

In non-quilty news, I finally read the Hunger Games series after having so many people recommend them.  I read the three books in three days!  They were really that good!  I feel she sort of dropped the ball a bit on the resolution of the love triangle, but that was minor.  Very well written and completely addictive!  Now I'm crossing my fingers the movie doesn't butcher it!

5 comments:

stefanie said...

The back looks great. I always piece my quilt backs, so i can piece the label in. It also saves a little money because I can work in solids, and save those glorious prints for something else. Great job on this one!

Lynette said...

I love the back!!

Anonymous said...

How in the heck do you read 3 books, make a quilt, and chat with me on Flickr all at the same time? you go girl!

AllieKatMom said...

I still have to read that. I really have no time for anything seems like these days. I feel like I have time in the mornings and thats it. I dont feel like doing anything in the mornings. LOL

Vickie said...

This is great!! And a really neat idea! Love it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...